IT Project Manager
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for meetings/training.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-14 salary range starts at $114,590.00 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service as described below:
IT SPECIALIST COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to Detail - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant investigates and evaluates “state of the art” technology of the industry.
- Customer Service - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant confers with users to evaluate the effectiveness of, or identify the need for, computer programs or management systems.
- Oral Communication - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant persuades others to take a particular course of action or to accept findings, recommendations, changes, or alternative viewpoints.
- Problem Solving - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant identifies and accommodates technology and resource constraints.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Specialized experience is defined as experience providing IT project management, client advocate, and/or principal liaison to organizations; leading and directing IT projects in a senior level management office; leading matrixed teams implementing cloud and emerging technology solutions and initiatives, including the identification, introduction and maturing of innovative technologies and best practice processes; lead legacy IT systems towards transition, modernization and transformation using Agile development methodologies and serving as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach; and providing advise and guidance in emerging technologies and processes to include Cloud and Mobile solution, Identity and Access Management, Robotic Process Automation, Blockchain, DevOps and Scaled Agile.
Bargaining Unit status: Not applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
- Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
- Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
We are currently filling 3 vacancies, but additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement in this or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area, as needed; through other means; or not at all.
We are also accepting applications from all U.S. Citizens and Nationals under Vacancy Announcement # 1900249FMDE. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.
This is NOT a virtual position. The selectee will be expected to report to the location defined in this announcement.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your overall possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
- Ability to understand business/mission needs and develop/recommend complex IT solutions
1a. Ability to advise and liason to senior and executive officials and/or equivelent
1b. Skill in leveraging innovative thinking and creative problem solving
- Ability to develop IT strategy and strategic plans
2a. Skill in using integrated methedologies such as DevSecOps
Ability to execute against strategic plans3a. Skill in continously delivering business value
- Ability to represent agency
4a. Ability to resolve complex and controversial issues
- Ability to remain current on best practices and emerging technology, and to apply that knowledge to resolving business
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No