Student Intake Manager
Student Intake Manager
Office of Diversity and Equity
Exempt, Regular 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Student Intake Manager in the Office of Diversity and Equity. The Manager is responsible for evaluating disability documentation to determine program eligibility, conducts interviews with students to identify accommodations and works closely with UMUC's Academic Schools and serves as a resource for faculty and students to ensure that appropriate accommodations are in place. The Manager works with a growing population of students with a variety of disabilities and will manage the large caseload.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Primary POC for the Student Accommodation Process
- Review and interpret student confidential medical and psychological evaluations to determine eligibility for services and appropriate accommodations; develop, monitor, adjust and evaluate individual accommodation plans for students.
- Provide consultation and guidance to faculty.
- Work collaboratively with ADA Compliance and LD&S team regarding inaccessible classroom content to explore and find viable options for students.
- Help raise awareness of Accessibility Services throughout the University by supporting the Director in developing, coordinating, and implementing faculty/staff workshops and seminars on assisting students with disabilities.
- Maintain confidential records and correspondence while tracking and compiling students with accessibility services usage information; Performs synthesis, analysis, compilation, and interpretation of department statistics, retention, and diagnostic reports
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- One (1) to (3) years of relevant experience:
- Experience interviewing and questioning clients to gather information.
- Experience collaborating with university faculty members to ensure that students are afforded approved accommodations.
- Understanding of disability laws (Sec. 504, ADA, ADAAA) and appropriate services/accommodations for students with disabilities at the post-secondary level.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of professional work experience providing services to students with disabilities at a post-secondary institution.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED. SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.