Learning Design Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Learning Design Manager
Learning Design and Solutions
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 3.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Learning Design Manager in the Innovation, Design and Analysis unit in Learning Design & Solutions (LD&S). The Learning Design Manager will work closely with faculty and LD&S staff in formulating and refining student learning outcomes on the course and program levels and in selecting appropriate measures for competency-based assessments and student learning outcomes. The Learning Design Manager will provide expertise, leadership, and support in the development of instructional material to LD&S staff, The Undergraduate School, The Graduate School, other UMUC divisions, and extra-university agencies, as needed, to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate meaningful instructional and assessment activities to enhance student learning across the university.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Managing staff of four (4) to eight (8) learning designers, including but not limited to processes and policy training/on-boarding, performance assessment, coaching, and feedback facilitating the use of best practices” in instructional design, instructional technologies and outcomes- and competency-based instruction and assessment to improve student learning.
- Partnering with other managers in LD&S to promote inter-group efficiency, communication, and teamwork across LD&S and with other academic units.
- Lead the identification, design and implementation of outcomes- and competency-based instruction and assessment to be used in online courses.
- Applying instructional design techniques to materials, implementing new tools and strategies and appropriate technologies.
- Consult with learning designers on the alignment of course and program outcomes and competencies.
- Handling general supervisory tasks, including leave approval.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in instructional design or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in designing and implementing outcomes- and competency-based instruction and assessment to be used in online courses.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of demonstrated experience in instructional design and supervising others.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.