Education Support Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Salary will be in the mid-$40,000s, and is commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Assistant Director/Recruitment Coach for ADVANCE and OVN
George Mason University seeks applications for the Assistant Director/Recruitment Coach for ADVANCE and Online Virginia Network (OVN). ADVANCE is the universityâ€™s newest transfer partnership with NOVA offering associateâ€™s degree students a seamless transition to a Mason bachelorâ€™s degree program. OVN combines the resources of Mason, ODU and the VCCS to deliver online bachelor degree completion programs throughout the Commonwealth. The Assistant Director will join a cross-trained, proactive recruitment and marketing team and effectively develop and utilize recruitment strategies to yield ADVANCE and OVN students.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The position is uniquely responsible for managing the daily enrollment of new ADVANCE and OVN applicants, including the coordination of the enrollment process, actively managing personal contact campaigns and collaborating with campus and partner stakeholders to meet prescribed enrollment goals.
Other responsibilities include:
- Serving as the day-to-day enrollment liaison for prospective students/families;
- Collaborating with the Integrated Enrollment Marketing Communications staff to build and enhance relevant communication plans;
- Reviewing applicant credentials for timely enrollment decisions; reviewing college transcripts and managing the credit evaluation process for ADVANCE and OVN students;
- Actively and effectively playing key roles as assigned or needed at all recruitment events on-or-off campus; assisting with event planning and implementation;
- Conducting effective and proactive phone, email, social media, and other contact campaigns to qualify students and move them in a timely and supportive manner through the process;
- Collaborate with university stakeholders, University Life and partners at Northern Virginia Community College on ADVANCE;
- Presenting at information sessions as assigned or needed; and
- Occasional travel required.
We seek a candidate who is able to lead change and innovation in a complex environment, support the development of professional staff, collaborate across colleges and departments, and contribute to the overall goals and objectives of the university.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated experience in admissions, advising and/or recruitment of various student populations (e.g. community college students, adult learners, and/or first-generation students);
- Ability to understand the needs of our diverse applicant pool;
- Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize;
- Superior communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to frequently present to small and large groups and facilitate collaboration across culturally and professionally diverse populations;
- Ability to learn new software applications;
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information and situations;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and within a team setting;
- Available for evening and weekend work and occasional overnight travel
- Ability to lift 30 lbs;
- Valid driverâ€™s license.
- Experience with or demonstrated knowledge of academic advising, orientation, disability services, veteran services, career services, student involvement, and student rights and responsibilities;
- Experience evaluating domestic transfer credit;
- Experience working with online undergraduate learners; and
- Experience with Ellucian Banner, PeopleSoft and/or SalesForce.
Some travel and work on evenings and weekends will be required. Employment offer is contingent on meeting eligibility requirements for operating state-owned vehicles per Policy 1411: Vehicle Use Procedures. (https://universitypolicy.gmu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Policy-1411-Vehicle-Use-Procedures-Change-082316.pdf)
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02829z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :