PR & Marketing Specialist II
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Undergraduate Recruitment & Outreach Associate
The George Mason University, School of Business invites applications for the position of Undergraduate Recruitment & Outreach Associate. This position provides administrative, logistical, and recruitment support to the recruitment and outreach function, within the School of Business Undergraduate Programs team. This is a full-time classified staff position.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Undergraduate Recruitment & Outreach Associate has responsibilities in the following areas: Administrative Transfer Support and Outreach which includes:
- Assistance with day-to-day operations of Undergraduate Recruitment and Outreach. To include: outreach via phone, email, and mass communication systems; constituent engagement and management; and other administrative tasks;
- Expand and maintain transfer student population pipelines from NOVA and other VCCS campuses;
- Further and expand ADVANCE specific recruitment events and initiatives;
- Liaison between ADVANCE and School of Business Recruitment and Academic Advising teams;
- Increase transfer Admissions events both on- and off-campus;
- Establish semi-regular campus presence at regional community colleges;
- Coordinate and conductive prospective transfer student appointments and group information sessions; and
- Pre-advise transfer student populations, in coordination with Academic Advisors and School of Business policies.
Living Learning Community Support which includes:
- Individual will support the oversight and operation of the living learning community for the School of Business. To include program planning, development, and operational support; crisis intervention support and any ensuing student support and advocacy; recruitment, selection, and assignment of students;
- Co-supervise LLC staff, while aiding in programming and planning of LLC activities and experiential learning outcomes; and
- Provide mentorship and guidance to LLC residents during times of distress and success; also provide assistance to community during times of conflict, tension, and achievement.
Collaboration with School of Business Student Services which includes:
- Continuous collaboration with student services within the unit to assure proper policies, scope of services, and events are communicated to all prospective students and guests, as well as, to our students residing in the LLC;
- Serve as a liaison between transfer counselors and School of Business Academic Advisors; and
- In coordination with Academic Advisors, host transfer workshops for transfer and ADVANCE student populations.
OSSAS Event Support which includes:
- Coordinating transfer recruitment activities including fairs, open houses, and on-site visits;
- Collaborating with stakeholders for central and School-specific recruitment activities targeted at first-time freshmen; and
- Assist the Office of Student Success and Academic Services to offer event planning assistance and operation support
Liaison to School and University Constituents which includes:
- Individual will represent Undergraduate Recruitment and Outreach to University and School partners. To include: Marketing and Communications, Enrollment Management and Marketing, School of Business Minor Programs, University Admissions, Housing and Residence Life, Alumni Relations, School of Business Development, and academic partners;
- Liasion between MarCom and Recruitment teams; while assisting with marketing and communication projects as assigned;
- Continuously collaborate with the campus partners to provide experiential learning programs and opportunities to School of Business students.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree and familiarity with student affairs and admissions processes; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent customer service skills as this function frequently interacts with guests, students, and community partners in-person and virtually;
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Must have the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in a highly visible office.
- Masterâ€™s degree in education or student affairs or equivalent work experience in admissions and recruitment;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment and in support of all levels of school/institutional leadership;
- Knowledge of recruitment and admission trends within higher education, community colleges, high school and adult student outreach, and certificate programs;
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office, electronic calendaring, e-mail, University applications such as Microstrategy, Banner, and Salesforce, School applications and files, and Admissions/ University databases and reporting formats; and
- Possess a valid driverâ€™s license preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01738z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by March 15, 2019; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin on March 18, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :