Program Manager, Marketing and Communications
Program Manager, Marketing and Communications -School of Continuing Studies
Georgetown University's School of Continuing Studies (SCS) offers graduate programs in professional and liberal studies, more than 30 professional certificate programs, custom and corporate training and education, summer school and special programs, and the University's only part-time bachelor's program. By pairing seasoned scholars and practitioners with innovative educational programming, SCS prepares students with the skills needed to succeed in today's evolving business landscape.
The Program Manager provides administrative management and support for the ground and online modalities for academic programs which include: Global Strategic Communications, Integrated Marketing Communications, Journalism, Design Management & Communications, and Public Relations & Corporate Communications. This position assists with the day-to-day administrative activities of the program(s), and serves as the liaison with various University departments. This position will play a vital role by managing various touch points of the student life cycle, as well as, assisting in administrative programmatic related tasks. This position is responsible for upholding and being well versed in all School and University academic and administrative policies while working with various stakeholders in the community. The Program Manager job requirements include but are not limited to:
- Supports the day-to-day activities of the program(s) in providing administrative support for student sub-populations within the cluster which could include online, provisional, or launch phase demographics.
- Provides support and direction for academic advising, registration processes, academic actions, admissions events, new student orientation, and student out-processing procedures.
- Acts as the liaison between the program and various SCS and University departments on behalf of the student body.
- Acts as the first touch point for all incoming students in the cluster and will manage the conversion from enrolled to registered during their first semester.
- Manages the transition for all new students to current student status in preparation for the fall, spring and summer semesters. This work will involve pulling reports, tracking enrollment with admissions advisors, and providing updates to relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage a variety of projects
- Academic advising experience, preferred
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, ability to collaborate effecting with others
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.