Anticipated - Equity and Cultural Competence Specialist
The Equity and Cultural Competence Specialist, in cooperation with the Professional Learning Supervisor, is responsible for the organization, operation and coordination of culturally responsive instruction in Loudoun County Public Schools. In accordance with these responsibilities, the Equity and Cultural Competence Specialist will provide leadership, coaching support, and build the capacity of instructional staff to use culturally responsive teaching, pedagogy and strategies that support and enhance student learning.
* Design, coordinate and deliver culturally responsive professional learning opportunities for school and division staff; Research and remain current on best practice of culturally responsive teaching and educational equity; Assist instructional leadership and instructional staff with professional development and effective use of culturally responsive and research-based best practices.
* Increase the capacity of teachers to provide instructional support and redesign curriculum based on the diverse learning needs of students in the classroom; Equip teachers with the appropriate tools, resources, and professional learning, that enables them to provide culturally responsive teaching and relevant pedagogy in a classroom setting.
* Work with school and division leaders to develop division and school-based processes and practices that promote equitable access and opportunity for underrepresented student populations.
* Collaborate with School Improvement staff to conduct a division wide needs assessment, using student learning data to drive instruction and the implementation of research based practices.
* Support efforts aimed at culturally responsive teaching.
* Collaborate with curriculum leaders to make certain that all student needs and experiences are affirmed and included in the LCPS curriculum.
* Carries out related assignments as determined by the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction and Director of Teaching and Learning.
* Has 3-5 years of successful classroom teaching experience.
* Holds a Postgraduate Professional License with an administrative endorsement.
* Has successful experience in equity issues and cultural competence and sensitivity.
* Has demonstrated the professional characteristics necessary for working effectively with adult learners and members of the community.
The Equity and Cultural Competece Specialist reports through the Director of Instruction to the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction.