ADMINISTRATIVE TECHNICIAN II
The Department of Human Services (DHS) Facilities Operations Bureau (FOB) Quality and Administrative Division (QUAD) is hiring a skilled Administrative Technician to represent the Director's Office (DO). Serving as the FOB front desk receptionist, this individual is a key member of the FOB team, delivers excellent customer service to internal and external customers, provides administrative support to the FOB, and manages facility administrative systems.
Reporting to the Facilities Operations Bureau Chief, the FOB team provides facility-related support for 700+ DHS staff. This team member also administers the custodial/maintenance work order system, the vehicle reservation system, and the security access key fob system.
Specific duties include:
- Providing basic administrative support to include scheduling meetings, developing and maintaining filing systems, managing calendars in Outlook, handling basic correspondence, purchasing supplies, maintaining stock in workrooms, and routing phone calls;
- Maintaining an automated tracking system for vehicle reservations and overseeing the reservation waitlist;
- Coordinating and reporting on vehicle usage and preventive maintenance;
- Issuing parking hangtags and security access system cards/fobs;
- Tracking staff participation in required training courses;
- Preparing contact lists, flyers, signage, mass mailings and spreadsheets;
- Researching customer issues and identifying appropriate resolutions prior to escalating to the DO; and
- Providing back up coverage to set up conference rooms, deliver mail, and drive County vehicles to the maintenance yard for service.
Arlington County DHS is committed to delivering client services in an effective, equitable, respectful, and trauma-informed manner. Our staff is dedicated to ensuring our clients are approached, engaged and cared for in ways that demonstrate competency, sensitivity and awareness of factors which impact the client experience including but not limited to: cultural identity, gender, racial, and ethnic diversity, religious/spiritual ascription, physical capability, cognitive and literacy levels, sexual orientation, and linguistic needs.
The successful candidate demonstrates a record of providing great customer service with proven reliability; demonstrates flexibility to changes in daily assignments and a willingness to pitch in during critical efforts in a busy office environment. Selection Criteria
Minimum: High school diploma or the equivalent, plus three years of progressively responsible administrative support experience which includes providing customer service to public and internal customers and at least one year of extensive scheduling and coordination of work; and computer experience using Microsoft Office Suite and other similar software packages to produce correspondence and reports.
Substitution: Satisfactory completion of two years (60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours) at an accredited college may be substituted for six months of experience. A bachelor's degree in related field may substitute for one year of experience. Education may not substitute for more than 18 months of experience.
Desirable: Preference may be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Providing front desk reception;
- Routing and tracking requests;
- Managing vehicle, security access, or parking pass operations and systems;
- Designing Excel spreadsheets, using basic formulas and manipulating data; and/or
- Developing and generating documents, flyers, and reports.
Applicant must possess, and maintain throughout the course of employment, a valid motor vehicle operator's license from the applicant's place of residence. The applicant must authorize Arlington County to obtain, or the applicant must provide, a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment may be contingent upon a favorable review of the applicant's driving record.
Each section of the application must be completed. A resume may be attached; however, it will not substitute for the completed application. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
A pre-employment criminal records check as well as a State of Virginia Central Registry check will be conducted.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered. In order to receive full credit for your experience, please ensure that you have included details of all relevant work experience on your application and have completed the Supplemental Questionnaire in its entirety.