Government Contracts Assistant
Palladian Partners, an Altarum company, is looking for a Government Contracts Assistant to join the Contracts Administration and Business Operations Services team. Palladian Partners, Inc. is a dynamic science and health communications firm located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Our ongoing commitment to provide exceptional strategic communications, editorial support, distinctive design, and superior service to our clients is as unwavering as our desire to enrich people's lives with quality health information.
The Government Contracts Assistant will report to the Director of Contracts and Operations. This position will assist the Contracts Administration team by handling administrative tasks, developing and maintaining processes, and managing the compliance areas in which they are responsible. The Government Contracts Assistant must be able to work independently, as well as within a team unit, be a self-starter, proactive, and take initiative in order to ensure the Contracts Administration team is organized, and operates efficiently.
- Assist with receiving, reviewing for accuracy and completeness, and routing contract requests
- Assist with drafting various contractual documents in consultation with the Director of Contracts
- Complete various administrative forms
- Support projects in deadline-driven environment
- Assist with tracking contracts through internal approvals
- Assist with maintaining complex contracts databases and files with a high level of accuracy
- Assist with conducting compliance audits
- Assist with conducting research
- Conduct filing and data entry tasks
- Draft, edit, and produce contracts correspondence for internal and external audiences
- Schedule and attend contract meetings
- Schedule and assist with contracts training
- Respond effectively to changing workloads and priorities
- Assist with company-wide online timesheet management
- Willing to take on additional office support tasks, as needed
- Arrange travel, complete expense reports for President, Palladian Partners
- Reconcile and submit credit card receipts
- Support the President, Palladian Partners on other administrative tasks as assigned
- A minimum of two (2) years office/clerical experience.
- BS/BA in Business Administration or related field, experience may be substituted for degree
- Experience with government contracts a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite: proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point required.
- Laser-sharp attention to detail
- Strong written, oral and Interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to support several simultaneous and ongoing tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully meet deadlines
- Self-starter, ability to work individually or as a team
- Ability to work cross functionally
Palladian’s dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Palladian offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.