Senior Administrative Assistant
The City of Falls Church Aurora House Girls Group Home is recruiting for a full-time Senior Administrative Assistant. As a member of our professional team providing care to girls ages 13-17 in a 12 bed temporary care residential facility, you will contribute through the provision of administrative support.
- Provide professional administrative assistance to the Group Home Manager;
- Perform a wide-range of administrative functions including data analysis and project management;
- Monitor and report on business processes, activities, and outcomes;
- Manage contracts;
- Perform budget and fiscal activities, participate in annual budget planning and preparation;
- Perform payroll duties for 24/7/365 facility and staff of up to 16 employees;
- Monitor and report on departmental expenditures and projections;
- Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of City, County, State and/or Federal reports;
- Assist/collaborate in the development and establishment of program/project goals, objectives, work plans;
- Prepares and maintains electronic and physical files; may develop data base systems for food services program; including maintaining electronic records with organized, chronological and current files and forms;
- Write and edit public service announcements and flyers;
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train volunteers; maintain training and personnel records for all volunteers;
- Prepare electronic and physical files; monitor grants and contracts to ensure appropriate expenditures; report program's compliance/outcome measurements with stated goals and objectives;
- Solicit/accept/monitor donations;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Two years of professional experience within functional areas such as human resources, budgeting and financial management, contract administration, business management, or related field;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered;
- Must pass a background check.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
Hours: This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Salary: Salary range $45,426-$74,999. Comprehensive benefits package includes health insurance, dental insurance, pension plan, deferred compensation plan, flexible spending account, college savings plan, life and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, free parking, credit union membership, and more. See www.fallschurchva.gov for additional information.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to the City of Falls Church, Human Resources Department, 300 Park Avenue, Falls Church, VA 22046, or via e-mail..
Applications received by March 4, 2019 will receive priority consideration.
Reasonable Accommodation: During the selection process, applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation with the agreement of the Human Resources Department. Requests should be directed to the Human Resources Department. The City of Falls Church does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability