Senior Policy Analyst, CG-0301-15
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation benefits will be offered in accordance with FDIC policy.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
Registration with the Selective Service.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
CG-15: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 14 level, or higher, in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience gained in the financial services industry evaluating the policy implications of legislative and regulatory proposals affecting an organization’s functions and responsibilities and developing corporate policy.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 85 “well qualified” for this position. For more information, click here.
For more information, click here. Applicants must have met the qualification requirements (including selective placement factors - if any) for this position within 30 calendar days of the closing date of this announcement.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
The competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) you will be assessed on are listed below. Top ranked candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
- Ability to analyze policy issues in banking regulation or deposit insurance, facts and laws relevant to these issues, possible solutions to problems arising from these issues and evaluations of alternative solutions to problems, including their implications.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, guidelines pertaining to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, banking, thrift and financial services industry such as the Federal Deposit Insurance Act, FDICIA, etc.
- Skill in leading projects, including those where project members have diverse set of skills and knowledge.
- Ability to communicate orally to present policy issues in banking regulation or deposit insurance, facts and laws relevant to these issues, possible solutions to problems arising from these issues, and evaluations of alternative solutions to problems, including their implications.
- Skill in written communication to analyze and evaluate developments in the financial services industry and develop solutions to issues of importance to the FDIC.
- Skill in drafting, editing and reviewing proposed and final regulations.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No