IT Specialist, CG-2210-12/13
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation expenses will be authorized.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
High Risk Position – Background Investigation (BI) required.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
You must have Information Technology (IT)-related experience which demonstrates proficiency in each of the following competencies:
• Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
• Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
CG-13: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience at the Federal GS/CG-12 or equivalent to the Federal service providing direct liaison infrastructure support to application development client communities including applications architectural analysis and design for multi-tiered COTS and non-COTS applications. Experience includes VMWare Cloud technologies, supporting infrastructure for mixed on-Premise and off-Premise Cloud based virtualized environments, Red Hat and Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory, Group Policy, Enterprise Database technologies, and application infrastructure intercommunication technologies to a multi-site user community.
CG-12: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience at the Federal GS/CG-11 or equivalent to the Federal service providing infrastructure support to application development client communities including applications architectural analysis and design for multi-tiered COTS and non-COTS applications. Experience includes supporting infrastructure for mixed on-Prem and off-Prem Cloud based virtualized environments, Red Hat and Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory, Group Policy, Enterprise Database technologies, and application infrastructure intercommunication technologies to a multi-site user community.
Applicants must have met the qualification requirements (including selective placement factors - if any) for this position within 30 calendar days of the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 85 “well qualified” for this position. For more information, click here.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
The competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) you will be assessed on are listed below. Top ranked candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
- Knowledge of integrating enterprise COTS and non-COTS application software (such as PeopleSoft) into a multi-tiered Oracle-based application development environment.
Knowledge of Windows and UNIX Operating Systems, especially Windows Enterprise Server, Red Hat, Active Directory, and Group Policy.
- Knowledge of capacity planning with application requirements and growth which include impact of expected user and data growth on disk space, CPU, network bandwidth, and overall system performance.
Skill in applying knowledge of the concepts and practices of management to effectively lead teams composed of FDIC and contractor personnel.
Skill to communicate effectively orally at the managerial and technical levels and to deal creativity with divergent opinions and objectives.
Knowledge and experience in the use of Enterprise-wide automation platform-deployment software.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No