ENGINEERING EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (ROAD CONSTR WRKR)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The screen out element for this position is the ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision.
JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of engineering equipment such as graders, tractors with bulldozer or angle dozer blades, front-end loaders, backhoes, and trench diggers; and the different sets of controls or operation of the equipment and attachments.
2. Knowledge of methods and techniques of subsurface preparation and constructing and repairing asphalt and cement surfaces.
3. Skill in applying and leveling gravel, crushed stone, sand, or other aggregates to the proper thickness for the subsurface; applying sealer; shaping curbs and drainage ditches; curing asphalt with sealer; and manipulating the controls to adjust spreaders, sprayers, post hole diggers, backhoes, moveable dozer blades, and front-end loading devices.
4. Ability to read and interpret instructions, specification, blueprints, drawings,sketches, tools and parts catalogs. the use tools/equipment; store various items; set up and maintain a neat, well organized, and secure storage area; receive, store, issue, and inventory parts, tools, and/or equipment; and maintain records using automated and/or mechanized systems without more than normal supervision.
5. Ability to inspect tools, parts, and equipment for visible damage and make determinations as to feasibility of repair, suggest substitution of parts/tools when they are damaged beyond repair; determine causes of overages/shortages; determine need for calibration of tools; identify items by general descriptions from shop personnel, and setup and/or shift storage locations.
6. Knowledge of the policies, practices, and procedures for dispatching or scheduling motor vehicles and maintaining related documentation, safety regulations, practices, and procedures.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
All Federal Wage Schedule (FWS) applicants must complete the assessment questionnaire in its entirety or it will result in an ineligible rating. Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
APPRAISALS/AWARDS: Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.