SENIOR IT SPECIALIST CG-2210-13/14
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation is authorized
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
High Risk Position – Background Investigation (BI) required.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
You must have Information Technology (IT)-related experience which demonstrates proficiency in each of the following competencies:
• Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
• Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
GRADE 14 LEVEL
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/CG-13 grade level. Specialized experience is experience providing leadership to Information Technology (IT) Business Process Improvement (BPI) project teams to identify process improvements and oversees process improvements to reduce operational unit costs to increase quality and appropriate use of resources.
GRADE 13 LEVEL
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/CG-12 grade level. Specialized experience is assisting and supporting the development, implementation, and operation of a Business Process Improvement (BPI) program supporting an Information Technology organization.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 or higher in the online assessment to be determined “well qualified” for this position. For more information, click here.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans’ preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
1. Knowledge of BPI management principles, methods, and techniques.
2. Knowledge of developing, recommending, and implementing enterprise BPI best practices, including soliciting feedback on improvement processes.
3. Knowledge of applying service delivery principles, methods, and practices including plan and schedule development, resource requirement estimation, milestone and deliverable definition, activity monitoring, and accomplishment evaluation and reporting.
4. Ability to communicate orally and in writing in order to present technical information, advice, findings, and recommendations to both IT professionals and customers during meetings and presentations.
5. Knowledge of evaluating organizational processes, in an IT environment, and introducing an integrated approach to quality and continual process improvement to service delivery, project management, and execution.
6. Knowledge of BPI principles and methods within an IT organization, including qualitative and quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of DIT/BPI program effectiveness.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No