Gen Admin Supervisor I / Coordinator I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Outreach Coordinator & Program Admissions Advisor, Division of Advanced Professional Teacher Development and International Education
The George Mason University College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) is seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual to serve as Outreach Coordinator and Program Admissions Advisor to strengthen a dynamic and diverse team in the Division of Advanced Professional Teacher Development and International Education (APTDIE). George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Outreach Coordinator and Program Admissions Advisor will support a full-time Outreach and Marketing professional to market and recruit applicants, support the creation of outreach materials, conduct information outreach, provide advice on admissions procedures and program details, support applicantsâ€™ admissions process into the graduate teacher education programs in the division. This full-time, classified position offers a supportive work environment, opportunities to work both independently and creatively in concert with Academic Program Coordinators and the Outreach and Marketing Coordinator to design and enhance our marketing and outreach efforts.
- In partnership with the CEHD Admissions Office and APTDIE division faculty, implement marketing and advertising campaigns reaching K-12 educators, administrators and leaders in the region, state, and internationally to increase visibility of and enrollment within graduate education programs in the division;
- Produce promotional materials by designing documents in accordance with Masonâ€™s brand, coordinating requirements with the CEHD Admissions Office, ordering materials, and tracking production;
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders including faculty, administrative professionals, admissions representatives, product vendors, and leaders in a broad outreach of schools and school districts;
- Build rapport with prospective students through information sessions delivered in multiple fomats, recruitment events, one-on-one advising sessions, phone inquiries and broader communications to support them through the application process;
- Maintain prospective student database, and track students and applicants from initial contact through enrollment; and
- Engage in successful initiatives while developing new marketing and outreach strategies, including social media, to promote program enrollment.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Self-starter with strong and effective communication and marketing skills;
- Ability to build relationships with prospective students to ensure successful application experience; and
- Skilled in the use of technology to find and track prospective students and applicants. Preferred Qualifications:
- Masterâ€™s degree; and
- Experience working with CRMs; and
- Experience working in K-12 education or higher education settings.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :