Job Summary/Company:Sparks Group has partnered with a national non profit organization seeking assistant working in their Museum. The incumbent also supports the daily operation of the Museum including cataloging, classifying, and maintaining archival resources; maintaining and updating the information system and/or Spreadsheets with archival resources; maintaining artifacts.
- Acquires, catalogs/classifies information resources including books, audio-visual material of relevance to USP history and archives
- Manages historical/seminal articles and presentations in a Virtual Library and administers user permissions
- Conducts historical searches as needed
- Acquires and assists in preserving historical USP documents and publications
- Responsible for physical maintenance of artifacts and exhibits in the museum, and storage
- Assist in collecting assets developed by GEA/GC, photographs and videos
- Process, tag and define original, clip and archival content on digital and social platforms
- Tracking and transfer of records of permanent and archival value to offsite storage and ultimately to the official archives
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- Familiar with standard metadata formats frequently used (e.g., Dublin Core, MODS, VRA Core, METS, scientific metadata standards)
- Familiar with descriptive cataloging principles, MARC format, NLM and LC Classification Systems, and MESH subject headings
- Experience with library/archival information technologies desirable
- Knowledgeable about contemporary preservation and archival principles and practices, a plus
- Awareness of US Copyright laws and application of copyright agreements including digital rights.
- Familiar with social media and Web 2.0
Basic Photoshop skills preferred
- Familiar with media/digital asset management systems
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized. Excellent time management skills.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Comfortable collaborating as part of a team and working independently
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.