Anticipated - Assistant Director, Special Education Procedural Support
6 days left
- Full Time
The Assistant Director of Special Education - Procedural Support is responsible for assisting the Director of Special Education with providing appropriate special education services for all eligible students in accordance with Federal and State laws and School Board policies. In accordance with these responsibilities, the Assistant Director of Special Education - Procedural Support directs the activities performed by select personnel assigned and serves at the Director's designee in matters related to the provision or compliance of services for special education.
* Responsible to serve as the special education representative of the local education agencies in legal
proceedings for special education matters;
* Provide leadership in the development and delivery of professional learning related to compliance and
procedural support for all division staff;
* Guide and supervise the implementation of regulations, policies, procedures and practices for quality,
compliance with all laws and regulations and fidelity of implementation;
* Serve as the primary contact for state reporting and compliance with special education student information,
including the IEP data and systemic data;
* Develop and maintain accountability for processes to ensure prompt and responsive communication with
parents and community stakeholders; and
* Serve as the designee for the director of special education as assigned.
* Postgraduate Professional License with endorsements in one or more areas of special education preferred;
administrative endorsement and/or special education leadership certificate preferred;
* Minimum of five years of successful experience in progressively responsible positions and administrative or
* Experience in administration of special education processes for dispute resolution particularly related to
concerns or claims under IDEA or Section 504;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and professional and personal
characteristics necessary for working effectively with school personnel and member of the community.
The Assistant Director of Special Education - Procedural Support reports to the Director of Special Education.