The Emmes Corporation, established in 1977, is a women-owned private Contract Research Organization (CRO). Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Emmes employs over six hundred staff worldwide with offices located in Frederick, Maryland, Tysons Corner, Virginia, Vancouver, Canada and Bangalore, India. Ranked as a top area workplace of choice by the Washington Post, Emmes fosters an environment of collaboration, professional growth, and exceptional work life balance.
Our studies impact public health initiatives on a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning across six continents. We are dedicated to providing statistical and epidemiological expertise, computer systems deployment, data management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance, and overall operational support to clients engaged in biomedical research. Emmes offers support for the entire process of clinical trials from study design and protocol development through data analysis and manuscript generation.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the management of several key knowledge areas: Schedule, Cost, Resource, Risk, and Vendors. The scope of these duties will span all phases of the project: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Controlling, and Closing. The job will support the Project Director (the Clinical Research/Project Manager), the Project Team and Project Leadership.Responsibilities
- Day-to-day management of schedules, budgets, resources, risks, and vendors for one or more small to moderate sized studies
- Develop and maintain project and study timelines, including scenario analysis, to ensure all project deliverables remain on-time
- Ensure effective budget management, exhibiting close control of spend and accurate forecasting
- Manage project resources ensuring leveling across all project phases
- Identify risks and manage their appropriate response and strategies, escalating to leadership as appropriate
- Provide oversight and management of all vendors per associated project contracts, including timelines, quality and deliverables
- Provide status and progress reports on all aspects of the projects
- Ensure quality-by-design in meeting all sponsor, corporate, and regulatory requirements
- Maintain all non-essential documentation in relation to the management of the projects
- Ensure update of study information into study management systems by the appropriate team members
- Provide input into business development activities, as needed
- Provide active engagement in continuous improvement of Project Management processes, methods, tools, documents and best practices, adding value to the business and meeting client expectations
- Other duties as assigned
Initially, this position will report to the Project Director, but will then transfer to the new Project Management OfficeKey Competencies
- Effective leadership of teams through influence and negotiation
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Skilled in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Project
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in project management; 4-6 years total applicable experience in the drug development arena
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving and initiative to learn new skills
- PMP certification strongly preferred; ability to acquire a PMP upon completion of 12 months of employment considered
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter - @EMMESCorp
Find us on LinkedIn - The EMMES Corporation
The EMMES Corporation is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back Email Apply Now