Administrative Assistant, Global Health Policy
PPTA, a global biopharmaceutical association, seeks an experienced administrative assistant to provide robust support as well as event planning to the Senior Vice President and members of the global health policy team, and to work in a matrix to support the workflow, activities and goals of the team.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certificate in Secretarial Studies desirable
- Minimum of five years as administrative assistant with responsibilities that match duties and responsibilities below
- Experience in legislative or agency setting, Washington government affairs office or association preferred
- Meeting and event planning experience
Skills & Abilities
- Must be a Team Player
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to take initiative, set goals, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Quality and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work with internal and external management and/or their assistants as well as external vendors
- Good judgment and willingness to learn and understand key association constituencies
- Service-oriented with poise and professional demeanor
- Proficiency with MS Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaison and contact point between the global health policy team and member companies, as well as among Association colleagues.
- Serve as communications link to supervisors when they are traveling.
- Provide administrative support, including correspondence, task/project tracking, files, travel arrangements, expense reports and calendars for health policy team; create and format presentations; schedule and organize committee meetings, conference calls, and other meetings as assigned.
- Attend meetings and conference calls as directed; travel to D.C. office/meeting location on occasion (4 times per year); some travel internationally (2-3 times per year)
- Coordinate on-site meetings as directed and handle all aspects of contract (.
- Support of Capitol Hill Fly-In logistics
- Arrange for appointments and compile materials for other meetings with US and EU policymakers.
- Adhere to Association policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, document management policies and procedures.
- Coordinate exhibit schedules and materials as assigned.
- Research and obtain available literature, government publications, legislative proceedings, etc. related to government and industry issues as assigned.
- Assist in logistics of annual conferences as assigned.
- Work with other administrative staff and handle other administrative/special projects as assigned.
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Apply for Administrative Assistant, Global Health Policy
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly