CORE Associate (Education and Outreach)
The Associate for Education and Outreach serves a critical role supporting CAQH CORE’s activities to drive industry awareness and adoption of the CAQH CORE operating rules and voluntary CORE Certification. The position will make recommendations and develop content for educational programming including webinars, conferences, educational tools, social media and website to engage audience and communicate CAQH CORE’s vision and project goals.
This role is full-time, FLSA status exempt and reports to <insert position the role reports to Senior Manager, Education and Outreach.
- Organizes and facilitates national webinars.
- Creates and maintains educational event calendar, develops and coordinates promotional materials, agendas, presentation materials, audience polling questions, post-webinar analysis and follow up. Creates and runs the webinars using GoToMeeting, including registration and polling.
- Arranges preparatory meetings with speakers to ensure they are prepared for their webinar presentation, including assistance with presentation development and GoToMeeting facilitation/training.
- Performs webinar follow-up, including posting materials, sending follow-up communications, conducting analysis and reporting, etc.
- Researches, designs and drafts education content, such as presentations, visuals and other educational tools with guidance.
- Creates high-quality PowerPoint slides and other presentation materials as appropriate, utilizing innovative graphics and animation to clearly describe complex concepts and engage audience at educational webinars, internal meetings and external conferences.
- Assists in evaluation of current educational tools and proactively explores and implements new options (e.g., e-learning software, social media, website) to grow public awareness of CAQH CORE programs, activities and implementation tools.
- Proactively makes recommendations on how to evolve CAQH CORE Education and Outreach to increase industry engagement.
- Conducts administrative and analytical activities for CAQH CORE Education and Outreach projects.
- Tracks and monitors webinar data to generate regular reports.
- Monitors and maintains website to ensure timely and accurate information.
- Creates and maintains conference calendar, including abstract deadlines and conference follow up.
- Develops abstracts for conference submission.
- Provides cross-functional administrative support for CAQH CORE Board and operating rule development efforts.
- Supports scheduling, logistical oversight and meeting content development for executive-level meetings.
- Assists CAQH CORE Managers in researching, designing and drafting content for CAQH CORE Work Groups, which develop and maintain healthcare industry operating rules, as needed.
- Desire and ability to learn new and challenging content areas.
- Ability to perform multiple assignments and manage work plans.
- Excellent attention to detail (quality assurance) and organizational skills to proactively and effectively present complex ideas and concepts to groups.
- Demonstrated strong communications skills, verbal as well as writing, with the ability to draft effective presentations.
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze and make recommendations for appropriate action.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Proactive professional who wants to learn new things.
- Strong presentation experience with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of distance-learning tools, such as GoToMeeting.
- Is inspired by the work of CAQH CORE and motivated to have a positive impact on simplifying the business of healthcare. Maintains an intellectual curiosity about how to accomplish this goal through industry collaboration.
- One to three years of related work experience in the healthcare industry, preferably in healthcare policy and/or healthcare communications or marketing.
- One or more years of working with a membership based or implementation-focused organization preferred.
- Experience with presentation development, social media and webpage revision/design required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related healthcare discipline is desirable, but not required.
- A Master's degree in a related discipline is desirable, but not required.
WHO WE ARE
Named one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in 2016, 2017 and 2018 CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans.
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.
WHAT YOU GET
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.