LOCATION: NRA Headquarters; no telework
Provide legal research, analysis, legal document creation and general administrative support to the NRA legal staff. Support for the mission of the NRA is required.
1. Implements general legal research and analysis, including research on LEXIS and/or WESTLAW.
2. Incorporate knowledge of word processing, particularly Microsoft Word, in the occasional production of legal documents and reports.
3. Assists secretaries of NRA funds and Board committees.
4. Performs general legal research, information gathering and analysis for staff attorneys.
5. Performs special projects and analyses as requested, and furnishes word processing and secretarial skills incidental to these duties or when required by the office.
6. Act as point of contact for research, analysis and preparation of a wide variety of legal documents, including pleadings, briefs and learned treatises, leases, contracts, and technical memoranda.
SCOPE: Requires contact with employees in own division and other NRA divisions, NRA members, general public and Federal and State government organizations.
Physical requirements include bending, lifting, standing in relation to using books in law library or moving legal files, ability to listen to and speak with members regarding simple legal questions, collating and inserting documents and files into envelopes for mailings, ability to see and read legal reference books, legal references via computer, and member letters.
Psychological considerations include the ability to work well and efficiently under occasional time pressures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: 2 years college and Paralegal certificate or equivalent law office experience. Background should include 2-3 years experience in legal analysis and research support. Eligible for licensing as a notary public.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
� In-depth knowledge of legal process.
� General knowledge of law library structure and periodical management.
� Adopt good organizational skills and communication skills; must be able to grasp concept of work performed by legal staff, and apply knowledge learned.
� Work under minimal supervision.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.