6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position - 5% Domestic and 5% International
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- US Citizenship is required.
- Background Investigation is required.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses will be paid: May be authorized
- Bargaining Unit Position: May be a bargaining unit position depending on duty location.
- Drug Screening Required: No
- Immunizations: No
- Telework: May be authorized
- Recruitment Incentive: No
- Annual Leave for non-federal service: No
- Research position: No
- Promotion potential: No, Please be advised there is no promotion potential for this Direct Hire position(s), any position filled with this announcement will be filled at the single grade level requested.
- Supervisory position: No
- Special Notes:
- Although this vacancy announcement is being advertised for multiple duty locations, it is not intended to convey any implication nor expectation that positions will be filled at each location. This announcement is being used to create an inventory of applicants for Biologist positions and will be used to fill immediate and future needs.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply early in order to maximize their employment opportunities. Your application will remain in the inventory of tentatively qualified applicants. The first cut-off date for you to be referred will be 2/19/2019. Thereafter, additional referral lists will be generated throughout the open period as vacancies occur. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted.
Degree: biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
Combination of education and experience: Courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for GS 13:
Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraph.
Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include, performing specified portions of scientific work involving studies of the functions, environmental response, biological activities, and/or processes of humans and animals, and their component parts.
Education completed in colleges or universities outside the United States may be used to meet the education requirements. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. For more information on how foreign education is evaluated, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/jobs/future-applicant-information.html.
This announcement will be used to fill positions in support of OPM's (STEM) Direct Hire Authority.
For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit:https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/https://chcoc.gov/content/announcing-government-wide-direct-hire-appointing-authorities
Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of all applicants does not apply to positions filled under this announcement.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical location CDC-wide.
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov). For information on "People with Disabilities" please visit http://opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
To view the questionnaire, click on the following link:
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document(s), view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Vacancies will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. All applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be forwarded to the selecting official for consideration. Applications received as result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics).
- Biological Science
- Collaboration / Partnering
- Continuous Development
- Customer Service
- Data Collection, Analysis, and Management
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Laboratory/Field Management
- Laboratory/Field/Modeling/Surveillance Practices
- Networking and Partnership Development (1)
- Oral Communication
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving
- Public Health Knowledge
- Research (2)
- Results Driven
- Technical Credibility
- Technical Training and Advising
- Translation of Science
- Written Communication