Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
- Serve a one year probationary period.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-15 salary range starts at $134,789 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level or higher in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is experience managing and leading quantitative and qualitative studies and analyses that are highly technical in nature and address key policies and programs, and support a wide range of acquisition functions. Such experience must include designing, developing, and adapting mathematical, statistical, econometric and other scientific methods and techniques; analyzing mathematical/statistical results and developing reports based on the findings; leading and managing studies related to strategic portfolio and financial management issues and activities within a large organization; and, application of systems analysis design methodologies for automation and database management applications.
Bargaining Unit status: None
If you are eligible under Merit Promotion, you may also apply under Vacancy Announcement 1900246SKMP. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of data analysis to include processes, data collection and evaluation methods and procedures and analyzing and interpreting common government procurement documentation, reports and dashboards
- Knowledge of analytic and programmatic fields to implement experimental theories and new developments to problems in reports and dashboards not susceptible to treatment by accepted methods and to make decisions or recommendations
- Abilities using Tableau and skill with web based content management systems, relational database management systems, statistical analysis software and experience with data visualization tools
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No