Public Health Analyst
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In addition to the qualifications listed below, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Returned Peace Corps or AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer; or
- Be a Peace Corps employee who has completed at least 36 months of continuous service and has been separated from the Peace Corps for less than 3 years.
In addition to meeting the Peace Corps/AmeriCorps eligibility requirements listed above, you must meet the qualification requirements for this position listed below.
Basic Requirements for all Public Health Program Specialist Series, 0685 positions require that you demonstrate specialized experience in each of the following five competencies:
- Knowledge of organizational, operational, and programmatic concepts and practices applied by public, private, or nonprofit agencies and organizations engaged in public health or other health-related activities.
- Knowledge of the methods, processes, and techniques used to develop and deliver public health or health-related programs in State and local settings.
- Knowledge of a specialized public health program.
- Knowledge of, and skill in, the application of administrative or analytical methods and techniques necessary for working within the framework of a public health or related organization and carrying out specific program functions;
- Skill in oral and written communications, gathering and conveying information, making oral presentations, and preparing reports, correspondence, and other written materials.
In order to qualify for this GS-9 Public Health Analyst position, your resume must demonstrate that you have one full year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-7 level in the federal service. Examples of qualifying experience include the following types of tasks performed on a regular and recurring basis:
- Assisting conducting public health related analysis (e.g. surveys, studies, surveillance, etc.);
- Performing analytical and evaluative work related to the planning and delivery of public health programs and initiatives; and
- Assisting in the administration and monitoring of public health programs to ensure compliance with policy or legislative requirements.
Have a Master's or equivalent graduate degree or at least 2 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree or an LL.B. or J.D. To be qualifying, the higher-level graduate education must be in a major field of study in public health or other field of study with course work directly related to the work of this public health analyst position.
Have an equivalent combination of the above specialized experience AND higher level graduate education that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this public health analyst position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; community; student; social). If such experience is on a part-time basis, you must provide the average number of hours worked per week as well as the beginning and ending dates of the experience so it can be fully credited.
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades) to document that you have met the education requirement. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required prior to your starting work.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status or other differences.
Click here for information on "Federal hiring for individuals with disabilities".
- Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: HRSA participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their social security numbers.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Creditable Service: A newly appointed or reappointed employee may receive service credit for annual leave for prior work experience directly related to the duties of the position being filled. The use of this service credit is at the discretion of the selecting official and must be finalized prior to selectee's entrance on duty. For more information, please click here.
HRSA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. Telework eligibility may be discussed during the interview process. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
This position is for Returned Peace Corps Volunteers and Current Peace Corps Employees with Non-Competitive Eligibility, traditional rating and ranking of applicants does not apply to this vacancy. Veterans' Preference does not apply to this recruitment procedures.
Your application will be reviewed to ensure that you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications, will be referred for consideration in accordance with the OPM Peace Corps/VISTA Guidelines
TO PREVIEW THE OCCUPATIONAL ASSESSMENT QUESTIONNAIRE, please click on the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10420869