Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
US Citizenship or National (Residents of American Samoa and Swains Island)
Complete the initial online assessment and USAHire Assessment, if required
Register with the Selective Service, if you are a male born after 12/31/1959
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year trial period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 1 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security's e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The salary range differs based on location. Salary ranges can be viewed here. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify at the GS-7 level, you must meet one of the following:
A. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as performing basic commercial realty work assignments and projects. This experience must include communicating with a variety of individuals on commercial realty issues; assisting others in the analysis/resolution of commercial realty problems; and assisting in the preparation of realty documents/contractual agreements OR
B. EDUCATION: One full year of graduate level education or a master's or higher degree, e.g., LL.B., J.D., LL.M., PhD., in a field that provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work of an Realty Specialist OR
C. Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying at the GS-7 level. To claim SAA, submit documentation of one of the following:
- Class standing -- You must be in the upper third of your graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.
- Grade-point average (rounded to one decimal point) of: (a) 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on your official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of your curriculum; OR (b) 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in your major field or the required courses in your major field completed during your final 2 years of the curriculum.
- Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society in one of the national scholastic honor societies listed by the Association of College Honor Societies.
To qualify at the GS-9 level, you must meet one of the following:
A. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is analyzing commercial real estate offers to determine compliance with solicitation requests; reviewing and understanding commercial real estate contracting documents; collaborating with a variety of individuals involving real estate transactions; and analyzing, identifying, and clarifying commercial realty problems and issues then proposing solution OR
B. EDUCATION: Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such as degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related OR
C. A combination of specialized experience and graduate level (beyond the bachelor's degree) education as described in "A" and "B" above that, when combined, fulfills the requirements.
Bargaining Unit Status: Varies by location
If you are selected at a grade lower than the full performance level, you may be promoted up to that grade level without having to re-apply or compete against other applicants.
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, if you received the link after the close of the announcement. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here.
If you are selected, you will participate in a developmental program. You will be given assignments and training to prepare you to be successful in the position.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on how well you meet the qualifications listed in this vacancy announcement. We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here's how it will work:
- Your qualifications will be evaluated based on your application materials (e.g., resume, supporting documents), the responses you provide on the application questionnaire, and the result of the online assessments required for this position. You will be assessed on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics): Attention to Detail; Customer Service; Integrity/Honesty; Interpersonal Skills; Learning; Self-Management; Flexibility; Stress Tolerance; Teamwork; Decision Making; Reading; and Reasoning.
- In order to be considered for this position, you must complete all required steps in the process. In addition to the application and application questionnaire, this position requires an online assessment. The online assessment measures critical general competencies required to perform the job.
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.