Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
To meet the requirement for this position you must meet the specialized experience requirement, the education required and meet the time in grade requirement.Time in grade:
Applicants must meet one year at the next lower grade to be considered for the next higher grade (e.g. one year at the GS-12 grade level for consideration for the GS-13 grade level.)
For the GS-13 level: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 level) that demonstrates:
Specialized experience applying broad areas of mathematics, statistics, operations research, or computer science to extract and analyze data and draft research papers detailing methodology, results, and recommendations to support data-driven policy decisions; knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) programming to include working experience with relational databases and knowledge of data structures and data management; the ability to use Statistical Analysis Software (SAS); and working experience using Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Examples of work at this level include: developing new methods, approaches, and procedures in data gathering and analysis techniques; investigating data-related issues and recommending solutions; contributing to the design and support of information systems, providing advisory or specialized consulting to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and laws; assessing and evaluating the impact of various studies, tests, and investigations in areas related to public health or food safety; and developing and executing analysis plans to assess the effectiveness of complex laws and regulations.
For the GS-14 level: Applicant's resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or pay band in the Federal service. The experience listed below need be accomplished with a high degree of independence. The scope of the assignments should include large organizations or Agency. Specialized experience must include applying broad areas of mathematics, statistics, operations research, or computer science to extract and analyze data and draft research papers detailing methodology, results, and recommendations to support data-driven policy decisions; knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) programming to include working experience with relational databases and knowledge of data structures and data management; the ability to use Statistical Analysis Software (SAS); and working experience using Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Examples of work at this level include: Analyzing complex data and providing statistical consultation and quality reviews in response to Congressional inquiries, audits, and other time-sensitive or high priority requests; leading and/or being considered an expert in conducting data integration, analysis, and visualization to support initiatives such as policy development, policy verification, and public health strategies; investigating data-related issues and devising strategies on how to overcome significant problems; developing information delivery solutions; preparing high-quality written reports and presentations for agency leadership; providing clear oral briefings and defense of statistical analyses to senior leaders; and facilitating meetings and corresponding with intra-agency supervisors and staff on program positions and proposals.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education is required for this position as described below:
A) A degree in mathematics, statistics, or actuarial science. The degree must be in a major field of study (at least at the baccalaureate level) that is appropriate for the position.
B) Combination of education and experience demonstrated by coursework that is equivalent to a major in mathematics, statistics, or actuarial science (at least 24 semester hours), plus appropriate experience or additional education.
For more information on the qualifications for this position, click here:
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), Reemployed Priority List (RPL), or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP/ICTAP applications must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
- This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
- Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc) should contact: USDAs TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).
- This position is eligible for telework and other flexible work arrangements. Employee participation is at the discretion of the supervisor.
- It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. To see more information visit CHCO Council.
- More information on applying under special hiring authorities such as the Veteran's Recruitment Act (VRA), 30 percent disabled veterans, certain military spouses and Schedule A Disabled may be found on the USAJOBS website.
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) provides current or former temporary or term employees of federal land management agencies opportunity to compete for permanent competitive service positions. Individuals must have more than 24 months of service without a break between appointments of two or more years. Service must be in the competitive service and have been at a successful level of performance or better.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the education, experience, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Oral Communication
- Planning and Evaluating
- Problem Solving
Your application, including the online Assessment Questionnaire, will be reviewed to determine if you meet (a) minimum qualification requirements and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your resume must clearly support your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position. Applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements and are determined to be among the best qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration. Non-Competitive candidates and applicants under some special hiring authorities need to meet minimum qualifications to be referred.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating may be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service.
Clicking the link below will present a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionnaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the "Apply Online" button to the right. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No