IT Project Manager - PBGC
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Recruitment incentives may be authorized for this position, if applicable.
All qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the announcement closing date.
You may start at GS-13 at $96.970, if you meet the following minimum qualification requirements.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT (S):
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: one year of experience at the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the private sector which demonstrates IT Project Management experience responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the development, modernization, enhancement, or steady state support of software business applications. Examples may include experience implementing COTS packages such as Oracle CRM suite or similar products used in developing Business Intelligence, shared services, or custom applications.
In addition to the above, your experience must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
To be considered under a special hiring authority such as the Schedule A appointing authority for persons with disabilities; the direct-hire authority to appoint veterans with service-connected disabilities of 30 percent or more; Peace Corps or VISTA service; or another excepted service/special hire authority, you must submit documentation to support your claim for eligibility with your application package. For more details, visit Federal Hiring Flexibilities.
PBGC encourages qualified applicants with disabilities to apply. Applicants with disabilities who are interested in learning more about job opportunities under the Schedule A Hiring Authority and other available hiring flexibilities and authorities are encouraged to contact PBGC’s Selective Placement Program Coordinator, Donald Beasley, at (202) 326-4000 ext. 3637 or email@example.com. TTY/TDD users should call the federal relay service at (800) 877-8339 and ask to be connected to (202) 326-4000 ext 3637.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Referral: You will be assigned to one of three quality groups. Each group represents a quality level (i.e., Best Qualified, Qualified, Minimally Qualified). Candidates will be considered in quality group order. If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices).
If your resume does not support the answers you gave on the assessment questionnaire, you may be rated Not Qualified or you may be placed in a lower quality group.
Your name will be placed in one of the three following quality groups:
•Best-Qualified - highly proficient regarding the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) related to this position.
•Qualified - competent regarding the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) related to this position.
•Minimally Qualified- possessing only the minimum qualifications required for this position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs):
1. skill in overseeing milestones of projects and ensuring that deliverables are met using project management and systems development discipline
2. skill in monitoring and evaluating project risks and issues and recommending solutions
3. skill in planning and managing IT project schedules and IT system deliveries
4. skill in providing input for capital planning and investment control processes
5. skill in communicating in writing conveying ideas and concepts, rationale and providing recommendations to technical issue
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 80 or above based on the competencies listed above (which is equivalent to PBGC’s “qualified” quality group); and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information visit: Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs.
Candidates who apply under Competitive Merit Promotion procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are best qualified based on the content of their resume and their responses to the assessment questionnaire. Best qualified will be referred if all required supporting documentation has been provided.
Candidates who apply under Noncompetitive and Special Hiring Authorities procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are minimally qualified based on the content of their resume, supporting documentation submitted and their responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No