Education Support Specialist III
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Assistant Director, Biomedical Education Program
GeorgeSquared (G2) is a collaborative endeavor between the George Mason University and Georgetown University that provides graduate-level education in the biomedical sciences at the George Mason University Science and Technology Campus in Manassas, Virginia. In support of this mission, we invite highly qualified candidates to apply for our Biomedical Sciences Program (BMED) Assistant Director position.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Duties: In collaboration with the BMED Program Director and the faculty affiliated with the program, the Assistant Director oversees the daily administrative, academic, and student affairs functions of the BMED program and contributes to strategic planning. Serving as both a liaison and the primary point of contact for the program with applicants, students and faculty as well as administrators at both Georgetown University and George Mason University, this position is an opportunity for an energetic and experienced academic support professional who is passionate about higher education to work with faculty and students enrolled in the BMED Program.
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Program Director in managing all aspects of the BMED program;
- Be the first point of contact for applicants, answering their questions via phone, email, and on-site visits, and guiding them through the application process;
- Provide academic support for students such as assistance with registration, coordinating new student orientations, coordinating student advising, academic affairs issues, extra-curricular activities related to the programs, and locating housingÍ¾
- Provide academic and administrative support to the program faculty such as tracking student applications, preparation of examinations, submitting letters of recommendation, course syllabi, proctoring exams, scheduling;
- Contribute to the development of program strategy and operational procedures such as identifying areas of potential program growth and enhancement;
- Assist in the recruitment of new students for the program; and
- Provide administrative support for the program such as purchasing supplies, responding to inquiries from prospective students, coordinating onsite recruiting events.
The incumbent will be expected to participate in off-site recruiting events held at graduate school fairs and similar events. Occasional travel and overnight trips are required.
- Knowledge of student services operations including student advising and support, student records management, and general academic administrative procedures.
- Pre-health advising experience and a knowledge of graduate and professional school admissions procedures, federal regulations (FOIA & FERPA), and other student procedures and policies.
- The ability to interface collaboratively with other university units such as admissions, registrarâ€™s office, and facilities management.
- A keen attention to detail; strong customer service skills and orientation; productive problem solving and collaboration skills to foster professional relationships among the faculty, staff, and students;
- The ability to communicate effectively with a diverse clientele, both in writing and orally.
- The ability to operate general office equipment (fax, computer, copier, telephone); and
- The ability to use spreadsheet and database software including PC-based software applications (such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and web-based services (such as GoogleDocs, SurveyMonkey, Doodle).
- Knowledge of Elucian Banner database;
- Knowledge of Salesforce (admissions processing); and
- Basic marketing skills and website design are desirable.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :