Software Development Engineer (Tester)
Do you want to work for a company that is technically challenging and takes care of its employees? If you thrive on learning new technology and pay attention to details with a strong background in software development, we want you! Apply to be a Software Development Engineer and take on technical problems with creative solutions. You will be able to dedicate time to learn, research and engineer solutions with minimal distractions. If you are ready to take on position that will have a strong focus on your learning and career development, which includes conference and training opportunities, then reach out to one of our recruiters and apply today!
- Create and maintain automated test harnesses and environments
- Perform automated testing, stress testing, usability testing, and manual testing
- Provide technical direction in the test and release process
- Develop, review, and execute test plans
- Help analyze defects to determine root cause
- Give feedback to software developers and work to improve the product
- Champion initiatives to continually improve processes, product quality, and tools
- Position requires proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages: Python (preferred), PowerShell, Bash, or other high-level languages
- Position requires experience building test
- Position requires understanding of agile methodologies and Continuous Integration
- Position requires knowledge of various testing processes like creating boundary cases, minimizing test cases, and reproducing failures
- Position requires experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware and vSphere
- Position requires strong understanding of network principles, and common architectures
- Position requires solid foundation in Windows and Linux
- Position requires experience with version control tools, infrastructure automation tools, bug trackers, and continuous integration tools: Git, Ansible, Jira, Jenkins
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.