Accounts Payable Specialist
Sparks Group has partnered with several award-winning corporations in the Metro DC area to hire Accounts Payable Specialists for contract and contract-to-hire roles. An immediate start for highly-qualified candidates. Fantastic benefits upon conversion for contract-to-hire roles!
- Receive, open and scan invoices on a daily basis
- Responsible for data entry of Accounts Payable vendor invoices to ensure accuracy, appropriate expense, location and department coding
- Follow-up on invoice approvals to ensure timely processing and payment to vendor invoices
- Handle all vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices
- Answer AP related questions back to internal and external employees or vendors
- Assist with ensuring W-9s are on file for all vendors in accordance with legal requirements
- Prepare all vendor information and request forms, i.e. W-9s, etc.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years of full-cycle A/P experience in a high-volume environment
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to perform in a high-growth, fast-paced, collaborative work environment
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.