School Improvement Coach/Testing Coordinator
1 day left
- Full Time
The school improvement coach plays a critical role in school improvement by designing and implementing data-based systems to track and support the growth and intervention of all students. The School Improvement Coach also coordinates school-wide testing and is a member of the Instructional Leadership Team.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a job related area.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid Virginia Department of Education license preferred.
- Experience: Job related experience within specialized field is required. Proficiency in Excel and Google Suite is highly preferred.
- Provides implementation support to the administration and school-community members in meeting the Title 1 program requirements.
- Performs a variety of professional, supervisory, technical, and administrative tasks in directing the implementation and administration of all district, statewide of statewide, and college entrance preparatory tests.
- Create a school-wide data tracking system that starts with the CAAR and includes standard-based assessment results and intervention trackers.
- Facilitate the evaluation and revision of the school's parent and family engagement policies and the parent compact.
- Convene an annual meeting to inform parents about the Title I program and to explain their right to be involved.
- Notify parents of their right to request information about teacher and paraprofessional qualifications.
- Inform parents if their child's has been taught for four or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who is not properly licensed and endorsed.
- Plan and coordinate various parent and family engagement activities aligned with goals within the School Improvement Plan.
- Solicit community partnerships to help support family engagement activities.
- Facilitate the collection of school data to inform schoolwide, grade and teacher level instructional decisions.
- Collaborate with the school's administration to plan and prepare for various state and district level governance and accountability meetings.
- Utilize school assessment data in collaboration with administration, coaching and teaching teams to help coordinate student academic interventions.
- Serve on School Leadership Team
- Coach and collaborate with teachers to improve the implementation of highly-effective strategies for teaching and learning.
- Create the school's testing calendar.
- Assigns, trains, directs, and supervises staff assigned to testing programs to ensure adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
- Assists and advises school staff, as necessary, resolving problems as non-routine situations arise.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as a liaison with the Department of Accountability.
- Supervises school-wide coordination of test implementation.
- Monitors proper use, and further dissemination and maintenance of score report.
- Consults with appropriate faculty/staff to determine validity of requests for exemptions from testing and/or for modifications in testing procedures.
- Monitors the administration of tests and investigates discrepancies in test administration.
- Determines need to suspend or proceed with altered test administration.
- Consults with and provides test data and analysis to the administrators, instructional leadership team, teachers and various staff members in support of improved student achievement and the School Improvement Plan.
- Maintains list of students eligible to retake SOL test.
- Organizes and runs workshops training test administrators, assistants, and students.
- Oversees ordering of test materials for the school, verifies shipment and coordinates repacking and shipping of materials.
- Provides analysis of student achievement data to convey information to staff.
- Stores all testing material in a locked room at the school to ensure security of test forms and related materials.
- Works closely with the Guidance Department to deliver student testing services.
- Works with staff at the school to prepare for assessment programs and consults with technology services staff members on computer hardware and software issues and concerns.
- Coordination of enrichment and remediation to meet individual student needs.