Administrative Assistant II - Student Services
The Administrative Assistant II provides administrative support to executive level leadership; acts as liaison between the administrator and other parties; monitors assigned programs and projects; ensures smooth and efficient operation of the assigned department.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Job related experience within specialized field with increasing levels of responsibility required. Bilingual preferred.
- Coordinates meetings and activities in support of assigned administrative personnel's operational activities.
- Evaluates interactions, situations and events (e.g. involving other staff, students, parents, the public, etc.) and takes appropriate actions and/or directs to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Maintains a wide variety of files and records (manual/computer; confidential/non-confidential) (e.g. budget, purchase orders, payroll, etc.) to provide documentation in accordance with administrative and legal requirements.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies for the purpose of ensuring items' availability.
- Monitors assigned departmental activities and/or program components (e.g. payroll, travel arrangements and reimbursements, meetings and events, etc.) to ensure goals are achieved, target dates are met and financial, legal and/or administrative requirements are satisfied.
- Prepares a wide variety of written materials (e.g. Board Summaries, reports, memos, letters, financial information, minutes, etc.) to document activities, provide written reference and/or convey information.
- Processes a wide variety of documents and materials (e.g. payroll adjustments, leave slips, employment verifications, course reimbursement, budget adjustments, etc.) to disseminate information in compliance with program, district, state and/or federal requirements.
- Researches a wide variety of topics (e.g. current practices, policies, education codes, etc.) to provide information for addressing a variety of administrative requirements.
- Responds to a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) to provide information, facilitate communication among parties and/or provide direction.
- Serves as a resource to other support staff to provide direction and/or technical support with assignments.
- Relieves assigned administrator of routine administrative tasks.
- Assists other personnel as may be required to ensure an efficient and effective work environment.
- Attends meetings and workshops to record events, convey and/or receive information.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.