Long-Term Substitute Special Education Teacher
1 day left
- Full Time
The Substitute Teacher enables all students to pursue their education as smoothly and completely as possible in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Evidence of a negative tuberculin test (or chest x-ray)
- Criminal background check — at the orientation session, you will schedule an appointment to return for fingerprinting (the cost to the applicant is $44)
- At least 60 hours of college coursework
- Successful completion of an interview
- Attendance at an orientation session
- Reports to proper authority upon arrival thirty (30) minutes before the official school opening.
- Reviews with the proper authority, department head, or grade level chairperson all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day.
- Maintains as fully possible the established routine and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
- Follows the lesson plan as prepared by the absent teacher.
- Consults with proper authority before initiating any teaching or other procedures not specified in the teacher's lesson plan.
- Reports, in writing, on the form, “Substitute Teacher's Report and Substitute Teacher's Comments for the Teacher” at the conclusion of each teaching day.
- Remains in assigned classroom until thirty (30) minutes after the official school closing and reports for assigned duty of absent teacher.
- Verifies with the school secretary that his/her attendance will or will not be required on the following teaching day.
- Follows all policies, rules and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.