Lead Coordinator: Testing and Graduation Reporting
The Lead Coordinator: Testing and Graduation Reporting supports the high school principal and administrative team through, but not limited to leading and executing state and division test administrations, supporting the high school improvement process, and lead the requirements for graduation data reporting. The position is responsible for oversight and implementation of 9-12 testing structures coordination with a wide variety of secondary school staff. The position reports to the Building Principal.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid Virginia Department of Education license required, or eligibility to obtain one.
- Experience: Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
- Leads strategic planning and implementation support to the Principal, Director of Counseling, administration and school-community members in meeting the VDOE Board of Education Guidelines on Exemplar School Recognition for each of the three areas: High Achievement, Continuous Improvement, and Innovative Practice Standards of Accreditation 8VAC20-131-410.B
- Creates, maintains and promotes a user-friendly school-wide data tracking system that aligns with graduation requirements, and the Profile of a Virginia Graduate.
- Leads the planning and team execution of student testing in grades 9-12, including all state, local and nationally-normed tests.
- Strategically develops teams of staff to execute test administrations in a collaborative manner.
- Solicits community partnerships to facilitate meeting the requirements of a Profile of a Virginia Graduate associated with workplace expectations and career options. (this is a changing requirement)
- Collaborates with the Principal, Director of Counseling, administration and division and school-community members to plan and prepare for various federal, state and district level governance and accountability meetings, reports and audits.
- Compiles and completes detailed data analysis and reports aimed at coordinating interventions and advancing high achievement across all school quality indicators.
- Works closely with the Principal and Director of Counseling to pull, analyze and present data to aid in decision-making related to continuous improvement in programmatic and student outcome data such as academic achievement, civic engagement, attendance and behavior.
- Consults with and provides data and analysis to the administrators, instructional leadership team, teachers and various staff members in support of division goals and the School Improvement Plan.
- Leads the analysis of student achievement data to convey information to staff and stakeholders through administration.
- Prepares informal or formal reports and presentations suitable for various audiences.
- Adheres to state and federal accountability systems, continuous improvement planning, and process improvement strategies.
- Conducts ad hoc research projects (e.g. teacher loads, grade distributions, lexile ranges, etc.) to convey information to the Principal, Director of Counseling and administration team.
- Provides test data and analysis to department chairs, counselors and administrators in support of improved student achievement and the School Improvement Plan.
- Collaborates with the school community to plan, collect, clean, analyze, and communicate relevant data sets and to put insights into operation.
- Interprets and disseminates internal and external data in a timely manner.
- Oversees the monitoring and creation of annual summaries of credits, verified credits and locally verified credits for graduation
- Gathers and assimilates data related to student progression from Grade 9 through graduation to increase the on-time graduation rate and reduce the dropout rate
- Work with a large & growing educational datasets using descriptive statistics and data visualization tools.
- Create insights from existing data, and drive the collection of new data through instrumentation.
- Performs a variety of professional, supervisory, technical, and administrative tasks in directing the implementation and administration of all district, statewide, federal and college entrance preparatory tests
- Attends meetings and training sessions as a liaison with the Department of Accountability and Department of Technology Services when appropriate.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.