Assistant Athletic Trainer
This position is considered part-time on stipend pay, but is intended for someone who can commit to working daily hours. We are currently looking for two Certified Athletic Trainers who can commit to working through the full athletic year. The position should start the last week of July and end in the last few weeks of June (this may be adjusted). Depending on the position hired for, you should expect to work an average of 20-30 hours a week. Hours each day will vary depending on practice and game coverage each week, and differ each season.
Assistant Athletic Trainers will be expected to arrive at T.C. Williams High School by 3:15 p.m. each work day to help in the athletic training room with taping, injury evaluations/follow ups, treatments and rehab. Practice coverage, game coverage, and days off will vary depending on your position and pay. Occasional travel with football and weekend coverage should be expected. A dependable vehicle is required due to off-site fields within the city which are considered “home” for practices and games.
The salary of this position is $1,300-$4,500 per season or $9,000-$13,000 per year.
- Education: Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Athletic Training from an accredited program.
- Certificates & Licenses: Licensed through the Virginia Board of Medicine. Certified by the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification. Valid Driver's License. CPR/AED Certification.
- Experience: Job related experience as an athletic trainer is required. High school setting is preferred.
- Provides athletic training services to sport teams as assigned
- Documents injury evaluations, activity status, rehab, treatment records, etc.
- Communicates regularly with the Head and Assistant Athletic Trainers regarding treatment and care of athletes
- Prepares and breaks down practice/game site supplies (water, ice, splint bag, AED, etc.)
- Maintains a standard of professionalism (office space, appearance, communication, etc.)
- Assists in the daily cleaning and maintenance of the ATR
- May be asked to supervise Athletic Training Student Aides (high school) and/or GMU Athletic Training Students
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer or Director of Athletics.