Campaign and Digital Strategies Associate
The National Women’s Law Center (NWLC) seeks a Campaign and Digital Strategies Associate to help implement and support our advocacy and campaign work, specifically through our email, website, and social media channels, in order to advance progress for women and girls at school, at work, at home, and in their communities.
About the Organization
We are passionate champions of national and state policies and laws that help women and girls achieve their potential throughout their lives- at school, at work, at home, in their families, and in their communities. We are committed advocates who take on the toughest challenges, especially for women who face multiple and intersecting forms of discrimination and women who are low-income – and we make change happen. We are proud to have been on the front lines of virtually every major advance for women since 1972, benefiting women, their families, their communities, and the nation. The Center has a staff of more than 80 and an annual budget of more than $18 million. For more information on the Center, visit www.nwlc.org.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Digital Strategies Associate’s primary duties will be to help execute NWLC’s social media and email programs, including writing blog posts and copy for our social channels, and coding, launching, testing, and reporting on digital advocacy emails. The position will also assist with posting content to our website. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Campaign and Digital Strategies, in the Marketing and Communications Department.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Helping to implement our email program, including preparing and coding daily e-mail blasts, action alerts, donation forms, and other features in NWLC’s e-CRM, as well as managing imports/exports, queries, and constituent record maintenance and inquiries.
- Executing daily digital work, including posting content across platforms, pulling metrics, and managing engagement with our supporter communities.
- Helping to post daily to NWLC’s social media channels and writing social copy for a variety of program areas.
- Preparing metrics from a variety of online sources to produce regular digital analytics reports.
- Updating NWLC’s website and blog as needed, using WordPress, including designing landing pages and uploading content.
- Contributing to content decisions for our website, email, blog, and social media channels, including working with Communications staff and program teams to determine the best way to package information and present it to NWLC’s audiences.
- Maintaining NWLC’s digital calendar.
- Two years of professional experience, especially in communications, organizing, or advocacy.
- Experience in WordPress (or similar a CMS), blog platforms (such as Tumblr or TypePad), and Google Analytics is highly desirable. Fluency in MS Office programs, including Excel, is required.
- Experience with e-CRMs (such as Convio, EveryAction, Salsa, Action Network, or Blue State Digital) is preferred, and the ability to pick up new technology and platforms is highly desired.
- A strong eye for detail, including proofreading skills, and a thoughtful, analytical approach to managing complex tasks.
- A strong interest in social media and willingness to trend-spot and experiment on the platform.
- A talent for grasping key policy messages and effectively communicating them to a variety of audiences, especially across digital channels – in short, turning wonk into plain speak.
- Strong writing skills and experience writing across platforms and for diverse audiences.
- Graphic design experience and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar design software are a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and judgment working both collaboratively and independently.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and write, edit, and manage distribution of communications quickly.
- A commitment to an intersectional approach to women's issues.
A minimum salary of $47,500 will be provided to the successful candidate having at least two years of relevant experience. Compensation will be both competitive and commensurate with the successful candidate’s background and experience.
The Center offers excellent benefits, including pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation, and four weeks of annual vacation. Office located on Metro’s Red Line in Dupont Circle. Intellectually stimulating workplace with passionate, dedicated colleagues.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, references from supervisors, and a cover letter. We’d also love a link to your favorite meme. In your cover letter, please describe how your background is a good fit for this position and your vision for where the women’s rights movement is headed.
Electronic submissions are preferred. Please send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and include position title in the subject line. Hard copies may be addressed to: Human Resources Department, National Women’s Law Center, 11 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036, FAX: 202-588-5185. Applications accepted until position is filled. No calls please.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities, women, men, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and LGBTQI individuals.
As noted above, NWLC welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at: email@example.com or you may send the request by mail to:
National Women’s Law Center
ATTN: Human Resources Department
11 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036