Supervisory Financial Analyst
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 19-DO-145. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized Experience for the GS-15 level: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the public and/or private sector.
Specialized experience for this position is defined as experience leading financial oversight and management of multi-billion dollar investment portfolios and structured finance programs in which decision-making responsibilities lead to strategic realignment among large federal agencies and/or large corporate banks.
Examples of such experience include:
-Overseeing development and maintenance of financial systems, controls, policies, and procedures to manage government oversight of a portfolio of securities lending programs in excess of $10 billion in value; OR
-Leading the execution of multi-billion dollar debt financing instruments with corporate or federal borrowers (such as purchase agreements in the secured financing market); including leading the negotiation of terms and conditions for federal or corporate investments individually valued in excess of one billion dollars in value; OR
-Serving as a top representative of a federal lending agency or large corporate bank in settling matters of significance regarding securities transactions in excess of one billion dollars in the secured financing market.
Education Requirements: Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study -- finance, business administration, economics, accounting, insurance, engineering, mathematics, banking and credit, law, real estate operations, statistics, or other fields related to the position, such as agriculture, agricultural economics, farm, livestock or ranch management, or rural sociology.
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- A one year supervisory or managerial probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a Public Trust background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on, if necessary.
- Undergo an income tax verification, if necessary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical, Analytical, Communication. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, A, B, or C depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No