50% or less - This position requires 30% travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation incentives may be offered under certain qualifying conditions, which will be determined at the time of selection, subject to administrative approval and availability of funds.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Time-in-grade restrictions must also be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants must have at least 52 weeks of service equivalent to the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position.
Appointment to this position may be subject to successful completion of a 1-year probationary period.
Upon reporting, and on an annual basis thereafter, you will be required to file a financial statement and/or a procurement integrity certification. These certifications may be subject to public disclosure.
This position requires a security clearance and is subject to drug testing. The selectee must test negative prior to being appointed to this position and will be subject to random testing thereafter. Failure to pass subsequent tests could result in disciplinary action, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
In addition to the basic eligibility requirements, applicants must have specialized experience that has equipped you with the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position in the practical application of professional accounting and auditing principles, procedure, and techniques.
At the GS-14 level the applicant must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-13). Examples of specialized experience include, coordinating, planning and conducting complex audits, and providing advice and technical guidance to auditors.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following KSAs/competencies: (Applicant need not prepare written responses to these KSAs, unless asked in the online application.)
1. Experience leading a staff that maximizes the skills of each individual through the timely execution of multiple complex audits, evaluating work in process and reviewing results and audit reports for completeness and sufficiency.
2. Experience in planning, coordinating, consolidating and conducting complex performance audits.
3. Strong communication skills, both oral and written, to include preparing reports, constructing and delivering briefings and in negotiations associated with resolving issues with internal and external officials.
4. Knowledge of Federal accounting and auditing principles, standards and techniques as they relate to the conduct of performance audits.
For further information on qualification requirements for this position, please visit http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
All applicants must meet one of the following basic eligibility requirements in order to qualify for this position:
- A degree in accounting or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting; OR
- 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge with a background that also includes one of the following: (1) Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality; or (2) A certificate as a Certified Public Account or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or (3) Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing.
To meet the education requirement for this position, applicants must submit an unofficial/official transcript or a list of courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. Education completed in foreign colleges and universities may be used if the institution has been accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education.
FOR FOREIGN EDUCATION PLEASE VISIT: https://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
PROVIDING SUCH EVIDENCE WHEN APPLYING IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
If you are a veteran holding a 5- or 10-point preference status, or you have been discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions after 3 or more years of continuous active service, you may apply for this position under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). If applying under this provision, a copy of your DD-214, SF-15 or proof of preference must be submitted by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide appropriate documentation may result in denial of requested veterans preference. Additional information on veterans preference is available at http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/veteranscenter/.
If you are a displaced or soon-to-be displaced Federal employee, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under CTAP/ICTAP for opportunities for which you are well-qualified at the same or lower grade level (not for promotion consideration). If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP eligibility, you must submit a copy of the agency RIF notice or certificate of expected separation, your most recent performance appraisal, and your most recent SF-50 showing position, grade level and duty location. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles will be considered well-qualified if they earn a minimum score of 85 (prior to the assignment of applicable veterans preference points). For more information on CTAP/ICTAP eligibility requirements, please visit http://www.opm.gov/ctap.
The Department of Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit, fitness, and qualifications without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, non-disqualifying handicap conditions, sexual orientation, parental status, or any other non-merit factors. This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Office of Inspector General, please visit http://www.ig.energy.gov/ or visit the Department's website at http://www.energy.gov/.
More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be rated based on the extent and quality of you experience, education, and training described in your online questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. If your resume is incomplete, or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire you may be rated ineligible or not qualified.
To preview questions please click here.