Supervisory Accountant ZA-0510-IV (GS-14 equivalent)
Occasional travel - Employee may need to travel to Downtown DC for meetings/training/ and possibly travel to Boulder, CO for the end of year training.
Relocation expenses reimbursed
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- You must be registered for Selective Service if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- You must be suitable for Federal Employment
- Merit applicants must meet time-in-grade/band requirements, as applicable
- If selected you will need to complete a Financial Disclosure form
Applicants must meet requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Time-in-grade/band requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement unless eligible for special hiring authority, reinstatement eligible, non-current Federal employee applying as a VEOA eligible which do not require time-in-grade/band.
Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include oneof the following:
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
IN ADDITION TO THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS listed above applicants must have one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service (ZA-III for NIST employees). Specialized experience is defined as: directing financial programs that performs technical and administrative work; plans, directs, coordinates and implements organizational programs. Oversees the execution of policies, procedures and regulations; manages a staff, coordinates and executes programs that supports organizational goals. Provides advisory services to all levels within an organization. Develops, monitors and evaluates financial management programs to ensure required and effective internal controls within financial management reimbursables group. Plans, directs, coordinates and supervises the work activities of a staff of professional, administrative and support personnel. The ability to communicate effectively and skilled in customer service, ability to assess and improve business processes, analyzing and interpreting financial data in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and appropriations law, preparing and analyzing federal financial reports, utilizing an automated financial management system, and managing multiple customers and deadlines. Applicants must have also have knowledge of the Economy Act that permits Federal Government agencies to purchase goods or services from other Federal Government agencies or other major organizational units within the same agency.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcement are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains Federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the OPM website located at http:///www.opm.gov/qualifications
Applicants may request reconsideration of their qualifications determination within three business days from the date their applicant status was changed. Applicants should email the Agency Contact listed in this vacancy announcement with their written request listing the announcement number; explaining why the original determination was improper; what factors were not considered; and, should provide any other pertinent information that would enable reevaluation.
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts to document that you have met the education requirement. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required prior to the final offer of employment.
Foreign education: Individuals educated in whole or in part in foreign countries must submit sufficient evidence, including transcripts, to an accredited private organization for a U.S. equivalency evaluation of course work and degree. View a listing of these accredited organizations from the Department of Education's website. Provide a copy of the letter containing the results of the equivalency evaluation with a course by course listing.
A probationary period may be required.
This position is covered by an Alternative Personnel Management System (APMS). This system replaces the General Schedule (GS) pay plan and grade with career paths and pay bands. For information regarding how the pay bands correspond to the General Schedule, click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job opportunity announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions). Your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered.
Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, salary, duties performed for each position, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level/pay band.
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
* Ability to analyze, interpret, and report financial data in compliance with federal financial management and audit rules.
* Knowledge of federal government financial management and reporting regulations and standards (SFFAS, OMB circulars, USSGL, Appropriations Law, Economy Act etc.)
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively
* Ability to assess and improve business processes
* Ability to lead and supervise others
* Knowledge and/or experience in implementing or migrating to a new core financial system
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance