Filmmaker, Media Brand
Produce and create visually engaging, cinematic, narrative driven multimedia content from concept to completion to enhance the Kennedy Center's digital brand. The position will develop proposals for implementation, and will engage the necessary staff and resources to realize the Kennedy Center's artistic vision. The position will also assist in the production and delivery of digital assets for flagship Kennedy Center offerings that have a mass audience, such as the Kennedy Center Honors, Twain Prize, and others as identified.
Duties and Responsibilities:35% Shoot and edit visually engaging, cinematic content. Craft compelling visual stories related to the performing arts. Storyboard, direct, light, mic, shoot, and edit using cinematic tools (e.g. Glidecams, cranes, sliders, jibs). 20% Conceptualize and produce artistic video content that maximizes the quality and reach of the Kennedy Center's digital offerings. Coordinate Multimedia staff and resources, in coordination with the Executive Producer, Media Brand. 20% Schedule and direct shooters and editors for digital projects, clearly communicating the vision, shot lists, project goals, narrative scope, and time frame for each product. 10% Manage and maintain the organization and functionality of multimedia equipment. Make recommendations for new equipment purchases. Systematically capture, organize, archive, and distribute multimedia content via internal and external platforms. 10% Remain abreast of changing multimedia technologies, software, standards, and best practices. Train other multimedia staff in skills and techniques. 5% Leverage social media and other influencers for content distribution and engagement. N/A Other duties as assigned. N/A Responds to the needs and requests of Kennedy Center management and staff in a professional and expedient manner. N/A Adheres to all employer policies and procedures. Education/Experience
- Minimum college level degree and/or three years of qualifying experience.
- Minimum of three years producing and directing multimedia/video projects.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills.
- Must be an independent and creative worker, able to juggle multiple priorities, communicate clearly with a variety of individuals, and be flexible.
- Must possess advanced knowledge in the following areas: cinematic shooting, multimedia content, video production, digital distribution.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work within a team.
- Proficient with cinematic tools, such as Glidecams, cranes, sliders, jibs.
- Proficient in narrative construction and visual storytelling.
- Proficient with current multimedia hardware, software and standards.
- Advanced knowledge of video editing software.
- Proficient with popular social media sites, such as YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Ability to meet changing demands and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Good project management skills.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.