Motion Graphics Artist/Editor
This position is charged with creating rich motion graphics and editing video products to enhance the Kennedy Center's digital offerings. The role will design platform-specific graphics, animations, and titling content, and edit video assets for publishing across multiple digital platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:40% Design and create platform-specific motion graphics, animations, titling, lower thirds, thumbnails, slates, etc., for the Kennedy Center's multimedia products. Work with Producers to design style frames, build storyboards, animate and composite videos, and develop graphical social media content. 30% Edit video in adherence with the Kennedy Center's brand and standards. 10% Develop and maintain a consistent look and feel for all graphical content used in the Kennedy Center digital offerings. Organize graphics and create easy-to-use templates for other editors to employ. 10% Camera operation and direction for live programming including Millennium Stage and other video initiatives. 5% Manage and maintain multimedia hardware, software, and equipment. Capture, organize, archive, and distribute multimedia content. 5% Remain abreast of changing multimedia technologies, software, standards, and best practices. Educate fellow staff on those changes. N/A Other duties as assigned. N/A Responds to the needs and requests of Kennedy Center management and staff in a professional and expedient manner. N/A Adheres to all employer policies and procedures. Education/Experience
- Minimum college level degree, or
- Minimum of three years' experience creating motion graphics and video editing.
- Must possess an understanding of the design process, experience with video workflow and organization, and type design.
- Must possess story-telling and narrative construction capabilities through motion graphics in well-balanced combinations of graphics, video, and audio.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Must be familiar with professional camera functions and operation.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work within a team.
- Must have ability to meet changing demands and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be an independent and creative worker, able to juggle multiple priorities, communicate clearly with a variety of individuals, and be flexible.
- Must be able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Familiarity with popular social media sites such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Willing to work flexible hours. Daily broadcasts and other recording/broadcasting activities will require weekend and evening work.
- Maya and/or Cinema4D experience a plus.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.