Producer/Editor, Media Brand
This position is charged with developing rich multimedia content that enhances the Kennedy Center's digital offerings. The primary role will be to produce, shoot, and edit video assets for publishing across multiple digital platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:65% Produce, shoot, and edit quality digital content in adherence with the Kennedy Center's brand and standards. 10% Collaborate with PR, marketing, and other internal departments on content ideas and product execution and management. 10% Camera operation, multi-cam direction, and post-production for live programming including Millennium Stage and other video initiatives. 10% Manage and maintain multimedia hardware, software, and equipment. Capture, organize, archive, and distribute multimedia content. 5% Remain abreast of changing multimedia technologies, software, standards, and best practices. Educate fellow staff on those changes. N/A Other duties as assigned. N/A Responds to the needs and requests of Kennedy Center management and staff in a professional and expedient manner. N/A Adheres to all employer policies and procedures. Education/Experience
- Minimum college level degree, or
- Minimum of three years producing and editing multimedia/video content.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills.
- Must be an independent and creative worker, able to juggle multiple priorities, communicate clearly with a variety of individuals, and be flexible.
- Must be able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Must possess advanced knowledge in the following areas: video production, multimedia content, digital distribution.
- Proficient in narrative construction and visual storytelling.
- Proficient with current multimedia hardware, software and standards.
- Advanced knowledge of video editing software, such as Adobe Premiere.
- Proficient with popular social media sites.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours. Daily broadcasts and other recording/broadcasting activities will require weekend and evening work.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work within a team.
- Ability to meet changing demands and to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good project management skills.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.