Financial Services Specialist I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Low $40s, Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Account & Loan Management Office, within the Student Accounts Office, invites candidates for a Collection Analyst position. This position reports to the Assistant Director of the Cashiers Office/Account Loan Management Office. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree, or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience in the collection of delinquent accounts.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service and problem-solving skills for a high-volume/high-stress environment.
- Must have a clear understanding of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, and accounts receivable applications.
- Must have strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Intermediate user abilities and Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel; and various e-mail systems.
- Must demonstrate interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people at a variety of competency levels
- Must possess clear and precise written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate complex material both orally and in writing. Preferred Qualifications:
- Should demonstrate ability to manage multiple, concurrent, high-priority responsibilities and a time-pressured environment; and
- Experience with the Ellucian Banner Student Accounts module and third-party student payment systems is strongly preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-02-25