Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Accounts Payable Senior Fiscal Technician
The George Mason University Office of Purchasing and Accounts Payable invites applications for a Senior Accounts Payable Fiscal Technician. This position will be responsible for processing various types of accounts payable transactions, including daily review of vendor invoices, employee expense reimbursements and payment request vouchers. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Review the daily edit report for Accounts Payable transactions for conformity with the Commonwealth of Virginia policies and university procedures;
- Have thorough knowledge of the commonwealthâ€™s food and beverage policies, reimbursement policies and ensure compliance through the daily edit review process;
- Manage the approval queues for external invoicing departments; ensure that all invoices are approved timely and accurately;
- Support check run processing and reconciliation functions; handle bank-related tasks such as check inquires, stop payments, and cancellations;
- Assist Mason departments and vendors regarding university and state policies and procedures;
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients through e-mail and phone;
- Perform special projects as requested by supervisor.
Required Qualifications: * Accounting or Financial background; accounts payable experience preferred; * Outstanding writing skills, with the ability to document a process from start to finish; and * Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and Outlook). Preferred Qualifications: * Bachelorâ€™s degree in Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; * Proficient in Ellucian Banner financial system; and * Work experience in a higher education environment
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02466z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in 198 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-03-04