Recreation Manager on Duty
Temporary Recreation Manager on Duty
The City of Alexandria is located in northern Virginia and is bordered by the District of Columbia (Potomac River), Arlington and Fairfax counties. With a population of approximately 150,000 and a land area of 15.75 square miles, Alexandria is the seventh largest city in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Alexandria has a charming waterfront and is a unique and historic place to live and work. About one-quarter square miles in the city have been designated as a national or local historic district. We proudly embrace our rich history and seize the endless opportunities that lie ahead. If you are interested in working for the vibrant City of Alexandria, we invite qualified candidates to apply for our position of Temporary Recreation Manager on Duty.
In pursuit of service excellence, the Manager on Duty supervises operations during peak times at Chinquapin Park Recreation Center and Aquatics Facility or similar recreation centers.
What You Should Bring
You should: possess leadership skills and experience; be familiar with a recreation environment; have the ability to speak, read, and write in English; possess excellent multi-tasking skills and attention to detail; as well providing exceptional customer service experiences. You will have good communication skills, the ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; and you have a good understanding of cash handling policies, procedures and practices. You are knowledgeable of and have the ability to use computers and complex software programs; have knowledge of how to operate a desk telephone and enjoy working with people. You must be at least 18 years old; be able to work indoors or outdoors in loud environments with varying weather conditions; be able to lift and carry items up to 40 lbs.; and be available to work varying shifts including early mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Effectively communicates with teammates;
- Ensures that all activities in the center are running on time, safely, and enjoyably;
- Explains and enforces policies and procedures;
- Operates a point of sale computer and follows cash handling policies and procedures;
- Performs light cleaning;
- Provides exceptional customer experiences to all patrons in person and on the phone;
- Provides guidance, training, and support to staff during shift;
- Provides information to the public in a positive and professional matter;
- Records attendance and logs issues;
- Resolves customer service challenges;
- Supervises front desk staff, lifeguards, pool operators, class instructors, custodians, and volunteers while serving in a Manager on Duty role;
- Works in a fast-paced environment;
- Works independently, and reports to a full-time Recreation Coordinator or Recreation Manager;
- May work early mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Availability to work some evenings and weekends is required;
- This is a seasonal temporary position, with varied hours per week;
- Performs related work as required.
About the Department
The mission of Recreation, Parks & Cultural Activities is to enrich the City of Alexandria by creating meaningful experiences through public spaces, cultural activities, and programming. The Department's vision is to improve the well-being of every person in our community by connecting them to each other and their environment. The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities received national accreditation from the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA). National accreditation requires park and recreation agencies to meet 155 standards representing elements of effective and efficient park and recreation operations.