Senior Coordinator, Organizational Advancement
Position Summary: NAFSA's Organizational Advancement unit works collaboratively with national and regional leaders to raise funds to support Association goals. The Senior Coordinator works directly with a Senior Director and Associate Director providing logistical and ongoing project support organizational advancement activities including NAFSA’s Global Partnership Program, sponsorship, fundraising and corporate/foundation relations.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
Support all aspects of the Global Partnership Program (30%)
- Assist with the Global Partner (GP) Expo Hall bookings prior to and during the annual conference.
- Schedule meetings; manage rankings system that determines booth-booking sequence, and guide booth selection.
- Staff the Global Partners early Expo Hall booking space at the annual conference.
- Staff the annual conference Global Partner registration area
- Manage the collection, submission and coordination of the Global Partner sessions
- Provide information for the conference program and registration materials
- Provide oversight at the annual conference.
- Coordinate the Global Partners regional conference participation by crafting marketing campaigns to promote regional conference participation including the various associated benefits.
- Assist with routine communications to Global Partners, including monthly newsletters, promotion of annual briefings, etc.
Support sponsorship and fundraising programs and activities (35%)
- Research and identify key foundations and corporations that suggest potential relationships with NAFSA common interests and goals
- Maintain prospect lists and research files; schedule meetings; prepare briefs and materials.
- Monitor foundation and corporation proposal deadlines; assist in proposal preparation and submission
- Assist with all personal giving campaigns
- Prepare email pitches and monitoring responses
- Provide tax-exempt notifications
- Draft correspondence; send out donor and partner thank you letters
- producing reports and analyses regarding campaign successes and effectiveness.
- Manage and periodically update New Century Circle (NCC) documentation and contact information.
Coordinate and manage specific events and activities at the annual conference (20%)
- Support physical and digital tote bag production by working with sponsors on insert specifications and timely delivery of artwork
- Collaborate with sponsors on specifications and timely delivery of video assets for annual conference video production
- Staff and manage contractors and volunteers at the annual conference Donate Now area in the NAFSA Pavilion
- Help staff the NCC Breakfast
- Assist with registration, prospects, receptions, and sponsor engagement
- Troubleshoot on-site issues and concerns and provide necessary support or follow up as appropriate
Assist with general office administration (15%)
- Monitor all organizational inboxes
- Update and manage website content
- Perform daily data entry related to all individual fundraising campaigns and NCC
- Compile information packets for client prospecting meetings, trips and other inquiries
- Take notes and monitor action items related to periodic meetings, trips and inquiries; follow up as appropriate
- Monitor outstanding invoices and produce appropriate delinquency reports
- Conduct research and analysis on topics as assigned
- May represent NAFSA at meetings and various events as needed
- Provide back-up support to the Membership Frontline Specialist within the rotation of other NAFSA staff members who cover the front desk
- Undertake other projects as assigned by the Senior Director or Associate Director
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least two years of previous work experience
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, with strong editorial capabilities (writing, editing, proofreading)
- Ability to persuasively communicate with a wide variety of prospects and sponsors, while handling issues with tact, diplomacy, and discretion
- Strong attention to detail and a track record of excellent customer relations support using a variety of communication mediums and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects and assignments while meeting competing deadlines
- Ability to master various technology, web, and data management systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience with an association, membership, nonprofit or higher education organization
- Exposure to sponsorship, fundraising, development or event planning
- Experience with database software, as well as various web or cloud-based conferencing platforms
As representatives of a membership organization with a broad and diverse range of activities related to education and training, NAFSA staff possess more than simply specialized capabilities. Each individual is expected to take the initiative to become knowledgeable about the organization as a whole. Association members and other staff expect colleagues to be accessible and responsive, to convey a positive attitude, and to exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
The workday is generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The week after Memorial Day to Labor Day, it is 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
Travel is required occasionally related to job responsibilities, especially for the annual conference or other leadership meetings. Participation in the NAFSA annual conference the week of Memorial Day, including the holiday itself, is a job requirement. The annual conference is held in varying cities.
About NAFSA: Association of International Educators
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is an organization of people dedicated to building a global community and fostering a more peaceful world through advancing international higher education. With approximately 10,000 members, NAFSA is the world’s largest professional development and advocacy organization committed to international learning and creating a more globally engaged, welcoming, and educated United States.
NAFSA believes that international education advances learning and scholarship, fosters understanding and respect among people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives, is essential for developing globally competent individuals, and builds leadership for the global community. We believe that international education lies at the core of an interconnected world characterized by peace, security, and well-being for all.
NAFSA is a workplace that not only appreciates diversity but believes it is our strength, and we strive to create an inclusive culture for all our team members. NAFSA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace to all employees. Learn more about NAFSA at www.nafsa.org.