Supervisory Management and Program Analyst (Director Knowledge Management) (DE/CR)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Declaration of Federal Employment: If selected for Federal employment, you will be required to complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment" OF-306, prior to being appointed.
Probationary Period: A one-year probational period may be required.
To qualify at the GS-15 level an applicant must have one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 in the federal service. Specialized experience MUST include all of the following: Skill with knowledge base systems e.g. sales force used for knowledge sharing, management, and promoting the collection, organization, and retrieval of knowledge. Ability to conduct business process analysis, internal control reviews, organizational analyses, and short and long-term planning. Resume must demonstrate the applicant’s ability to clearly and effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders and manage/supervisor a diverse workforce.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience. including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Substitution for education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Supervisory Management and Program Analyst GS-0343-15 positions within International Trade Administration (ITA) in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.This position is also being announced concurrently under Merit Promotion vacancy number: [ITA-Admin-2019-0003]. Applicants who wish to be considered under MAP and DE must apply to both vacancies separately.
CTAP and ICTAP candidates:
CTAP and ICTAP candidates will be eligible for selection priority if it is determined that they have exceeded the minimum qualifications for the position by attaining at least a rating of85 out of I 00. Information about CTAP and ICTAP eligibility is on the Office of Personnel Management's Career Transition Resources website at: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/career-transition/.
CTAP applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- A copy of your RIF separation notice; notice of proposed removal for declining a directed geographic relocation outside of the local commuting area; a Certificate of Expected Separation (CES); or certification that you are in a surplus organization or occupation (this could be a position abolishment letter. a notice of eligibility for discontinued service retirement, or similar notice).
- A copy of your SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action". noting current position, grade/band level, and duty location;
- A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; and
- Any documentation from your bureau/operating unit that shows your current promotion potential.
ICTAP applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- A copy of your RIF separation notice; notice of proposed removal for declining a directed geographic relocation outside of the local commuting area; notice of disability annuity termination; certification from your former agency that it cannot place you after your recovery from a work-related compensable injury; or certification from the National Guard Bureau or Military Department that you are eligible for disability retirement.
- A copy of your SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action", documenting your RIF separation, noting your position, grade/band level, and duty location, and/or Agency certification of inability to place you through RPL, etc.;
- A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; and
- Any documentation from your agency that shows your current promotion potential.
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that do not fall under competitive examining procedures; however, they may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment
*Veterans Recruitment Act (VRA)
*Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA)
*30% or more disabled veterans
*Persons with disabilities
*Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)
*Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of the three pre-defined categories. The categories are “gold”, “silver” and “bronze”. However, your resume or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the “gold” category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans’ preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligible with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold) depending on the position and grade level of the job. For more information on Category Rating, please go to Category Rating.
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
- Knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques for assessing program development or execution and improving organization effectiveness and efficiency.
- Skill in promoting knowledge sharing through operational business processes and information systems.
- Ability to develop and implement knowledge management strategies, policies, short and long-range plans.
- Ability to manage/supervise a workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations, and staffing needs.
- Knowledge of hiring, classification, benefits, labor relations, negotiation, and Federal, state, and local employment regulations.
- Knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, principles, and practices related to employee conduct, performance, and dispute resolution.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No