Computer Science Education Administrator (Program Director)
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation MAY be paid contingent upon the availability of funds.
You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position.
All online applicants must provide a valid email address. If your email address is inaccurate or your mailbox is full or blocked, you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
This position is in the bargaining unit.
Please preview "Evaluations" section and "Qualifications" for additional requirements and Quality Ranking Factors.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. in computer science or computer science-related fields, plus after award of the Ph.D., six or more years of successful research, research administration, and/or managerial experience pertinent to the position; OR a Master’s degree in computer science or computer science-related fields, plus after award of the degree, eight or more years of successful research, research administration, and/or managerial experience pertinent to the position.
This position is outside the competitive civil service.
You must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Relocation expenses MAY be paid contingent upon the availability of funds.
This announcement is open to (All US Citizens OR current NSF employees) who meet citizenship and eligibility requirements.
Federal Appropriations Law requires that Non-Citizens meet certain eligibility criteria to be considered. Therefore, Non-Citizens must certify eligibility by signing and attaching this Citizenship Affidavit to their application. Non-citizens who do not provide the affidavit at the time of application will not be considered.
This announcement may be used to fill like positions in other organizations within the National Science Foundation.
NSF has determined that all of its positions are eligible for telework. Work suitable for telework depends on job duties; therefore, employees must receive approval from their supervisor for telework and have a telework agreement in place. Entering into a telework agreement is voluntary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the extent and quality of your experience, expertise, education, and research activities relevant to the duties of the position.
We strongly encourage you to specifically address the Quality Ranking Factors below. This will ensure that you receive full consideration in the evaluation process.
Quality Ranking Factors
- Experience and demonstrated scholarship in computer science research as well as computer science related undergraduate STEM education practice and/or research.
- Ability to design, plan, coordinate and manage a complex portfolio and program deliverables to achieve organizational objectives.
- Ability to manage an externally-reviewed proposal-driven grants program, allocating resources to meet a spectrum of program goals.
- Knowledge of computer science education, curriculum development, and computer science education research and evaluation at the undergraduate level.
- Research, analytical, presentation, and technical writing skills that demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with representatives from the undergraduate STEM community to develop and advocate programs, policies, and plans.
- Ability to interact, on a peer basis, with senior scientific and managerial personnel throughout NSF, other Federal agencies, academia and the private sector.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No