CYS Training Specialist NF-04
Occasional travel - Travel required to on and off post sites. Some TDY travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Successful completion of an undergraduate Degree that included or was supplemented by major study (at least 24 semester hours) in child development or early childhood education, or other fields appropriate to the position to be filled consistent with:
For positions in SAS an undergraduate degree in Early Childhood/Child Development; Youth Development; Elementary and Secondary Education is required.
Combination of education and experience as follows:
Successful completion of at least 24 semester hours in a major course of study in an appropriate CYS field commensurate with the program assigned as indicated above , plus appropriate work experience that provided knowledge skills and abilities directly related to the duties described in the fields appropriate to the position. Appropriate experience and course work must be comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the four-year course of study described above. In addition, candidate must possess:
1. At least twelve (12) months experience working in child and youth programs.
2. At least one year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower grade or level requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled.
3. The ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions.
4. Experience in planning and conducting training for child and youth staff.
5. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
6. The physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, stoop and stand on a routine basis. Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
A Bachelor's degree in the appropriate field as indicated above, and two years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree in a directly related field is fully qualifying for the position.
**Highly Preferred: 1 year of Child and Youth Services experience, as well as 6 months experience with Virtual Lab School (VLS). Demonstrated familiarity with 4-H and/or BGCA lesson plans and initiatives.
Note to Applicant: The experience must be clearly identified in your resume/application. Applicants who meet the requirements for "Highly Preferred" in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, will be considered Highly Preferred and may referred to the selection official first. All other applicants will be referred accordingly.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)