Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position - approximately 15%
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social).
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT (Individual Occupational Requirements): Bachelor's degree in computer science or bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions. (YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS)
Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
In addition to the basic requirements (IOR) identified above, applicant must also describe the experience that demonstrate your ability to perform the work of Computer Scientist at the NH-04 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service.
EXPERIENCE: Must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the NH-03 grade level in the Federal Service. Specialize experience defined as work that demonstrates the following, such as: (1) develop architectures for tactical information and communication networks; (2) perform systems engineering and technical tasks; (3) professional knowledge of engineering, cyberspace operations, cybersecurity, network, etc.; (4) knowledge of thread development for operational assessments of network architectures; (5) coordinate performing system engineering and technical analysis; (6) advisor to cyberspace requirements and technical solutions.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Oral Communication
- Planning and Evaluating
- Technical Competence
- Technology Awareness
The definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH-03) or GS-13 equivalent.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in the Acquisition Career Field (S) Engineering within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Career Field Position. DoD Position Certification Level and Training Requirements., All Acquisition Workforce Position Mandated in Title 10, USC, Section 1723. DoD 5000.52-M, DoD Acquisition Career Development Program contains specific requirements for acquisition categories and grades/level. Current requirements are available at http://asc.army.mil/info/policies/check_list.cfm. Upon entry into an Acquisition position, the incumbent has 24 months to complete the position requirements without needing to obtain a waiver.
- This position requires you to submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) - 16 position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes